New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zonker1986
Advanced Member

USA
8413 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  02:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to East Orange Shooting Sports in Orlando Friday night after work for the first time in a while. Shot the FEG PJK-9HP 9mm Browing Hi-Power clone for the first time. The FEG is a near identical copy to the Browning P35 and is the third one I've owned over the years. They are very good pistols for what you pay considering an actual BHP is in the $700-800 range for a base model.
Mags for the BHP fit the FEG PJK-9HP, so I picked up several 15 round MecGar 15 rounders that work perfectly in the pistol.

The FEG was perfect with about a 100 rounds fired. Trigger is fairly smooth and light single action, and better than some actual BHP's I've fired. Accuracy is very good, and the target shown is the first couple of mags fired at 7 yards, slow fire, off-hand and unsupported. Accuracy improved as I became accustomed to the transition back to an all steel single action pistol. Sights on the pistol are rather crude three dot variety, but are functional.

Bottom line....the pistol is a pure pleasure to shoot and a great find in the used pistol market.

DaddyO16
Advanced Member

USA
6191 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  07:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice review, Zonker. Will that be used as a carry gun?
Go to Top of Page

LandonJ
Advanced Member

USA
6375 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  17:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great review Zonk. I'm a huge fan of the BHP, but those clones are sure close when it comes to design and accuracy. She's pretty, for a clone.

"You are only out-gunned if you miss." -Jeff Cooper
Amatuers train until they get it right. Professionals train until they get it wrong.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
Utah CFP Instructor
USMC veteran

Go to Top of Page

pinkhamr
Advanced Member

USA
6106 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  23:47:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A very nice finish for a Hungarian Made Pistol ...... And it appears to shoot very well too .... Congratz!

"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

A 64 year old Retired U S Air Force Master Sergeant who's wife is also a Retired USAF Master Sergeant, and I have been a Life Member of the NRA since 1993. Also a Life Member of the NCOA and the VFW.

"A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Concealed Carry Forum © ConcealedCarryForum.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000