Keltec PMR-30
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rayman70

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  22:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess it will be for sale soon and I think this would make a great first pistol for my son that will be 10 in January. He has shot my M&P 45 full size a few times, but has shot my CZ 75BD a little more. He does real well with the CZ but has trouble working the slide on either one. Something like this wold be a nice full size,cheap plinker for him to learn on until hes ready for me to buy him a service caliber weapon.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/downloads/SHOT2010_pmr30.jpg

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/downloads/SHOT2010_preview_keltec_PMR-30.pdf

n/a
deleted

6375 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  22:39:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. 30 rounds? And it's 22 mag instead of LR so it's a little more sting than normal. It'd be fun to shoot. MSRP of around $425, so I could probably get it at my local shop for $350. I don't know if I could pay more than $320 for a Kel Tec. Hell, a PF9 at my local shop is only $275 out the door.

"You are only out-gunned if you miss." -Jeff Cooper
Amatuers train until they get it right. Professionals train until they get it wrong.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
Utah CFP Instructor
USMC veteran

Go to Top of Page

Mark W.

USA
1545 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  05:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like a clone of the FN 5.7 pistol.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government. So let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

JCL
Advanced Member

USA
3627 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  05:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm almost tempted to say that 30 rounds of 22 Mag would make a sweet little BUG but I don't want to incur any wrath. other than to account for a mag malfunction, would you even need a spare mag for ammo?

Molon Labe
"After You Come, Come Take"
Go to Top of Page

AzAKguy

1047 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  05:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
22 mag is not cheap to shoot. My kids first pistol was a Ruger 22/45 and he moved very easily and quickly to a 9 mm 1911. 9mm 1911s have 10 or 12 pound recoil springs and are very easy to cycle.

Sorry if you know this trick already, but when I work with women or kids that have problems cycling an auto, I tell them to:

"c" clamp (4 fingers on the right side of the gun, palm on left side) thier left hand on the slide behind the ejection port and hold the slide in place with their left hand by "making a muscle" with their left arm. Then use the palm of their right hand to drive the gun forward by pushing from the shoulder and extending thier arm from the elbow. When the the gun hits the stop, switch to holding the gun with the right hand and just release the slide with the left hand. Works like a charm!

For some reason it takes less strenght then to try to hold the gun in place with the right hand and pull the slide back and release it. I think it is because you are using major muscle groups this way.

I hope this may be of help to your son no matter what you get him.

AzAKguy
Go to Top of Page

bwatkins1223
Advanced Member

USA
2837 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  12:01:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I wouldn't mind having one of those(if they work) Not for a defensive gun, of course, but I have been looking at .22 pistols lately. This thing is definately neat. Most .22 pistols no matter the size only hold 10 rounds WTF? I know they can do better.

Eagle Scout November, 16th 2006

Carry guns:
Springfield MilSpec .45ACP
Glock 19

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away
Go to Top of Page

woody d

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  16:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i been looking for another .22 mag to justify bulking up on ammo. this might be just the gun

there arent many jams a good pistol and rifle wont get you out of
Go to Top of Page

PKL
Advanced Member

USA
2915 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  16:55:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thumbs down to all kel tecs. JMHO

Living in California and still own lots of guns
Go to Top of Page

zonker1986
Advanced Member

USA
8416 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  00:05:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George Kellgren, the main guy at Keltec designed the Grendel P30 that also held 30 rounds of 22 WMR. Production ceased with the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994. Ugly as sin, but they were a blast to shoot. Glad to see George is resurrecting the P30 with the PMR30.
30 rounds of .22 Magnum as fast as you can pull the trigger?? Mousegun or Assault pistol?

Grendel P30
Type Semi-automatic pistol
Place of origin USA
Production history
Designer George Kellgren
Manufacturer Grendel
Produced 19901994
Specifications
Weight 21 ounces (5" barrel model)
Length 8.5" (5" barrel model)
Barrel length 5" or 8"

Cartridge .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire
Feed system 30 round detachable box magazine
The Grendel P30 is a semi-automatic pistol chambered in .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire. Designed by George Kellgren, it uses a 30-round Zytel magazine and was available with a 5 or 8 inch barrel. A carbine version (R-31) was also offered. It was manufactured from 1990 to 1994.

The P-30 uses a straight blow-back operation, with the assistance of a fluted chamber to reduce case friction during extracti

Grendel P30....I could have bought one for $175 in 1993...they go for over $500 on Gunbroker today.

Go to Top of Page

strider72
Average Member

USA
695 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  09:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you can get a FN 5.7 clone and shoot it cheaper too... what the hell, get me one.

Glock 19/FEG HiPower/Keltec P32/NAA .22Mag for me...til I can get my 870 or Marlin 336 of course.

WOLVERINES!!

Long Live the U.S. Constituition!

"Choose you this day whom ye serve." Joshua 24:15

Ahh, man... they locked the Nothing thread..
Go to Top of Page

TexasTraveler
Average Member

Austria
733 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  17:44:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JCL

I'm almost tempted to say that 30 rounds of 22 Mag would make a sweet little BUG but I don't want to incur any wrath. other than to account for a mag malfunction, would you even need a spare mag for ammo?

ROFL...So what you mean is that, if you so stated you can feel an imminant pit bull attack? lol...thats funny there...

Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat.
Tender is the fur, dying as you purr.
Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry.
Devil on your back, I can never die.
Go to Top of Page

Geoff
Advanced Member

USA
5361 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  18:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it, not sure if I would spend as much on a 22mag as I can buy a good used Glock or even a snubbie for though

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, Gun Collector, Hunter, Sportsman, and EDUCATED VOTER lol

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Concealed Carry Forum © ConcealedCarryForum.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000