469 s@w
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

btfla
Average Member

893 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  11:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just called about a 469 in the paper. the guns new in the box never been fired. the man said he was giveen thegun over 10 years ago. and just putit in his gunsafe. he said he was geting older and his kids had no intrest in handguns. so i am goint to take a look at it.. if its a good as he says for 400$ looks like i will be geting a pocket 9.

please exquse my spelling and typeing iam dyslexic------------------------------a handguns like a 4x4 most of the time you dont "need" it. But when you do you need it badly and nothing else will take its place.

Teufelhunde
Advanced Member

3219 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  14:00:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 469 is a pretty good gun provided you can adjust to the long fairly stiff DA first shot. Even NIB $400 sounds a little high, not bad, just a little.

YMMV

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
~ H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Go to Top of Page

1813Anschutz
Advanced Member

USA
2726 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  14:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fabulous gun in all regards. A 469 is a second generation 6900 series S&W 9mm. The magazine is a double stack 12 round, the trigger is DA/SA. Very accurate, very reliable. Magazines and holster of all configurations are readily available. I have a 469 and a 6906 and still carry them.
Perhaps he will be open to negotiating? You will not regret owning one!
Randy

"The more I shoot,the LUCKIER I seem to get!"
Go to Top of Page

yankeejib
Caucasian Beaner

USA
4229 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  14:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like them too. This is the 908 and 410, basically entry level models. I like the DA/SA and the decocker/safety. Reliable and fun to shoot, and I've shot these a lot.

Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

"Doing what others find difficult is talent. Doing what others find impossible is genius."
"Why be difficult when with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible."

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1250 feet per second.

God did not create all men equal, Sam Colt did.

"The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is."
Go to Top of Page

btfla
Average Member

893 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  11:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wish i could post pic. i dont have a didgital cam.

any way. it was new in box still wraped in the wax paper along with the extra mag. and allpaperwork in. a siled plastic bag. the box is the s@w blue cardboard. it was still factory taped closed. any way got it and 100 rounds of blacktallans for 350.

got it home cleand the packing greas out. thanking about ordering a new spring but not sure yet.

shot it some this moring fired 50 of the tallans and 100 fmj no problems.

the front site was a bit hard to see. so i put some of the gost glow sight paint on it. best group was 5in at 25 yards "13" shot group.

was able to keep all shots in the kill zone out to 50 yds.
it fits in my pocket grate.
now i have to make a pocket holster for it and do some more shooting. if it stays working this well it will be used.

oh and my wife likes it. she shot it two mag loads. and did perty good with it.

please exquse my spelling and typeing iam dyslexic------------------------------a handguns like a 4x4 most of the time you dont "need" it. But when you do you need it badly and nothing else will take its place.
Go to Top of Page

Teufelhunde
Advanced Member

3219 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  13:14:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$350 for the gun AND 100 rounds = good deal

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
~ H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Go to Top of Page

1813Anschutz
Advanced Member

USA
2726 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  17:34:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No need to replace recoil spring on a NIB gun. You have already seen that it is reliable, accurate and fun. Only replace spring when it becomes a problem. I have guns with over 35,000 rounds downrange and I have not changed out the spring as the gun is still running without issues.
Enjoy the 469, it is a great handgun, glad your wife enjoys it as well!
Randy

"The more I shoot,the LUCKIER I seem to get!"
Go to Top of Page

btfla
Average Member

893 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  20:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well we have put over 600 rd through with no problem.

its taken 120 rds for carry ammo with no problem.

the wife likes it so much it looks like i will be looking for another one lol

Go to Top of Page

deadguy
I see dead people

7395 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  02:54:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 669 due to get to my FFL tomorrow. It's the 469 but in stainless. I'm really excited to see it. By the way, I bought hoping my wife WOULD want it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Concealed Carry Forum © ConcealedCarryForum.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000