Kudos for a "little known" holster maker

Holster options and comparisons.
Chris C

Kudos for a "little known" holster maker

Postby Chris C » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:33 pm

My daily carry is a Glock 27. I've owned the pistol since................well, let me put it this way, it was the first one to be shipped to Oklahoma "way back when". When I originally had a conceal carry license, I carried it in a fanny pack and later on in the console of my vehicle. Then I let my license lapse about 15 years ago. The recent beheading of the woman in Moore Oklahoma (10 miles from my home) prompted me to reapply for a license. I started the search for a proper leather holster. Never much cared for the Kydex holsters.........though I do have an injection molded Serpa I use here on my property when doing tractor work, etc. But in my search I came across a wonderful holster made by Wrights Leatherworks. It's his Predator holster that I bought and highly recommend. http://www.wrightleatherworks.com/produ ... ke-holster Having never had a leather holster before, I was surprised at how well it performs. Holds the pistol tightly..........but not too much so. Retention is great, but I've not tried to do any cartwheels! :lol: Presentation is clean and effortless. The craftsmanship is above and beyond. I've absolutely nothing negative to say about the holster. Brandon, the maker, has been more than patient in returning my many e-mails and has carefully answered all my questions. I give the company 5 stars out of 5. The nice thing about their holsters is the price. Unbelievably low for the quality. Let's a guy get into a nice holster at a relatively affordable range.
Chris

As a regular course of procedure, I carry a pistol because a cop is too heavy!

cola490

Re: Kudos for a "little known" holster maker

Postby cola490 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:10 am

I agree with you on Wright Leather Works, I received my Predator for my Shield last week. It is a beautiful piece of work. I can't figure out how to post pics.

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:00 am

I have the hybrid iwb-owb for my shield. Excellent but not cheap.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:00 am

I have the hybrid iwb-owb for my shield. Excellent but not cheap.

Chris C

Postby Chris C » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:20 am

I'm assuming you mean the Cobra, samuelrp. Yes, it is a little pricey, but the versatility makes it worth it. Personally IWB isn't my thing, but heck, some people drive Chevrolet and some drive Ford, right?
Chris

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:27 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (207.44 KiB) Viewed 3102 times

The craftsmanship is superb on the cobra. The option to go OWB/IWB is what attracted me to this holster. With the metal clips its also supposedly tuckkable. I did have a loop work loose after a day of hiking, but have checked the screws since and had no problems.

Hoover39

Postby Hoover39 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:16 am

I've bought 2 of their holsters. A predator for the XDs and a Banshee for an M&P 9c. Both holsters are absolutely beautiful and very well made. Wright Leather Works are my go to company when I'm looking for a holster.
Currently carrying M&P 9c in a Wright Leather Works Banshee.

Chris C

Postby Chris C » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:40 am

Well, I personally have not a single negative word to say about Brandon's work. But I've yet to hear from anyone, on any forum, who is carrying a full-sized semi-auto in one of his Predator holsters.
Chris

Chris C

Postby Chris C » Mon May 01, 2017 3:38 pm

This is obviously and old thread. But I just wanted to follow up. I have carried my pistol in Wrights Predator holster (Pancake) daily since buying it. It has served me well and I couldn't be any happier with it, so I still endorse Wright Leather Works. He must be growing because I've noticed in my last two NRA Rifleman Magazines he's got big adds in the publication. Go David!!!!!
Chris

Return to “Holster Tech”