Glock 19

Ohio9

Glock 19

Post by Ohio9 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:26 pm

Well as I near my 40th year on this planet, I've finally joined the ranks of Glock owners.

Just picked this bad boy up. I figured the Glock 19 was a good pick for my first Glock, since it can double as either a uniform service pistol or a CCW. Also there's a bit of nostalgia in this, as the Glock 19 was the featured gun carried by detectives on my favorite tv show, "Law & Order", back when the detective characters started switching to auto-loaders as the series progressed into the 1990s.

This one is a Gen 5 and it came with Night Sights installed, which saved me the hassle of having to buy them separately and pay a gunsmith to install them. Still it was quite pricy at 580 dollars. You'd think after all this time they'd find a way to make the Glock 19 cheaper. Before this I tried to get one on Gunbroker.com, but some idiot would always outbid me buy going above market price.

Now I just have to endure the long painful wait for a Milt Sparks Vm2 holster. Until then, this is probably just going to be strictly a home defense gun.

HKguy

Re: Glock 19

Post by HKguy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:09 pm

thats not a bad price for NIB with night sights. its hard enough for the glock boys to find used gen3s for $450.... your did well for your gen 5. ive owned several over the years but they dont play well with me. maybe the 48 or 43x will change my mind...

Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Nathan » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:02 pm

I've been carrying a Glock 19 daily for well over a decade, now, and I'm back to carrying it again. I do switch it up when a new gun catches my eye. So I'll buy the new gun, be it a different Glock or a different brand, and I'll wear the new gun for a week or two, but ultimately, I always come back to my Glock 19. I prefer the full purchase of the grip on the G45, but even with that, I've come back to the 19. It's just easier to carry. So, good find.
Nathan in Image

Ohio9

Post by Ohio9 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:19 pm

What kind of holster do you use? I really don't feel like waiting months for my VM2 to carry this thing, but to this day I've never found any holster that comes anywhere close to its quality and comfort.

Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Nathan » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:46 pm

Ohio9 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:19 pm
What kind of holster do you use? I really don't feel like waiting months for my VM2 to carry this thing, but to this day I've never found any holster that comes anywhere close to its quality and comfort.
Honestly, and this will come as a surprise to you, but when I need to carry IWB, I use an off the shelf Galco King Tuk. I have a VM2. Several of them, actually, but the King Tuk is comfortable, and taking it on and off is instant.

Nathan in Image

Ohio9

Post by Ohio9 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:20 pm

I've used a King-Tuk before. It's serviceable, but not on par with VM2. I especially don't like the clips. They don't feel secure compared to the VM2's button-snap loops.