Crossbreed testimony

Holster options and comparisons.
jjinsc

Crossbreed testimony

Postby jjinsc » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:54 pm

Well last week I went to put my crossbreed super tuck on. It was 7 years old. I heard a strange noise so I pulled it back off and inspected it. There was a crack in the kydex shell. I emailed Crossbreed and they graciously inspected the pictures I sent them and replaced it with a brand new holster. I received the new replacement in less than 10 days.

samuelrp

Re: Crossbreed testimony

Postby samuelrp » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Wow! I wonder what it costs to manufacture. That's great.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

flymaker

Postby flymaker » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:16 pm

Ive been looking at there stuff ...I have a King -Tuk that I use for my 19 and 26 .....I like it a lot ...but I bet if it ever breaks I'll have to purchase another . The cross breed or King -Tuk is most surly my favorite holster style .... But with the cooler months approaching my attention switches more to the glock 19 and I tend to carry on the belt more ... some people love that style of holster and some don't ...for me they hind well and are as comfortable as belt carry ....cross breed will get some cash from me before next spring ....I sure ....stay safe

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:27 pm

samuelrp wrote:Wow! I wonder what it costs to manufacture. That's great.

A 2' square sheet of .028" Kydex is not that expensive, around $10 delivered, so their cost is probably 1/4 of that divided by what, maybe 8 holsters out of one sheet? The expense and tooling is having molds for all the guns. If you've never played with it, try it sometime. Work it gently with a heat gun, form it, and then dremmel away. It's hard to screw it up if you're patient.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

Eric_in_FL

Postby Eric_in_FL » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:05 am

It's the ease of working with them and quickness that they turn around support that is so great.
I bought my first Supertuck years ago when they had plastic clips, during a quick pulling off one day the bends got stressed where the plastic goes white and no longer held shape.
I emailed or called, cant remember, about it and they sent me new metal clips they had been designing to replace the plastic due to others having reported the same issue.
And not just one replacement set, but another unasked for backup set for those as well. Had them in a few days and those metal clips were soon made the standard.

It was quick, painless, and exceeded expectations. They won a customer in me. I've since bought another for my G23, and another OWB one from them.
I've simply had no reason to waste money trying out others, had no reason to look elsewhere. :)

ridurall

Postby ridurall » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:12 pm

I own several Crossbreed holsters and also stepped on one accidently. I contacted Mark just wondering if I could get just the Kydex and fix it myself but Mark told me to send it in. I received a replacement with the horsehide backing before they even received the original one. They also replaced all my plastic clips with the medal ones with they came out with them. Very good people. Even after Mark passed away the company has stayed true to his vision of what he wanted the company to be. When I switch from carrying my Kimber to the Colt Delta Elite 10mm I decided to go with a Milt Sparks VMII just because it is such a nice 1911 and in memory of Randy Pinkham (Pinkhamr) who built it and I didn't want to carry it in a hybrid holster. I felt it deserved a full horse hide holster. I hardly go a day without missing shooting with Randy.

jjinsc

Postby jjinsc » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Wow, I hadn't realized Mark passed away.

Return to “Holster Tech”