Holster Help

Holster options and comparisons.
flymaker

Holster Help

Postby flymaker » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:31 pm

I would like to make a belt holster for my G26 , very similar in design to the Desantis mini scabbard or mini slid . I have one for my G19 and S&W 65 and like them a lot for cooler weather carry . I never made a holster before but would like too .
What OZ leather should I get ? I'm thinkin 8
what thread ?
anybody got any experience with this ?

StrangeBird1911

Re: Holster Help

Postby StrangeBird1911 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:50 pm

I visitedhttp://www.tedblockerholsters.com/ and saw how they make holsters for a particular model. They have plastic models of all the popular guns; they soak leather and mold them to fit the particular gun. I looked at their rack of blue plastic guns, and they must have had a hundred or more. As I've looked at other holster-makers online, I've wondered if they don't go through the make, model, caliber drop down lists and end up -- hidden to the consumer -- saying, that's a medium. I know for a fact that Ted Blocker is molding the leather to a particular model.

So, unless you want your gun to soak in wet leather for a couple of days, you might try to find a plastic version.

flymaker

Re: Holster Help

Postby flymaker » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:40 am

Well , Ive been digging around on the net for a few days now and I don't believe I'm gonna do it . I'm sure I could get it done it looks fairly easy ..but I would have more money in tools and supplys than it would cost just to buy a good holster ..... I could buy a milt sparks for less than what it would cost me to make my own .....and really do it right . So I thought about making a hybrid similar a Galco King Tuk and again the tools and supplys would be more than just buy another king tuk ....sure I could cut corners , but I know what I like and know how I like it ...

Return to “Holster Tech”