will this fit?

Holster options and comparisons.
boomer92266

will this fit?

Postby boomer92266 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:31 am

i have a beretta nano, i found a holster that i like and wonder if it would fit. it is a desantis dual carry 2, the holster says it fits a xds9 but the nano is about the same in size so does anyone know if it will fit? thanks for any help

Tye

Re: will this fit?

Postby Tye » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Maybe, but yuck! Why the thumb break? Especially for concealed carry. IF OWB, probably should consider your higher capacity piece (assuming that you have one).

I use the Desante Nemesis (I think) for pocket carry and love it. I'm finally wearing out the Velcro "fuzzy part" that attaches the outer "shield" to the holster to better break up the outline in a pocket. Usually in front pants pocket -- not all pants pockets are created equally BTW.

During my early cc holster experimentation, I tried some of the IWB tuckables, but couldn't stand them; no longer used. Outside of pocket carry in the Nemesis, I'll occasionally carry the Nano in a Galco Underwraps belly band which is pretty versatile. If I'm going with the belly band, I usually opt for a slightly heavier gun although you could carry 2 in their built-in holsters (though one is primarily for revolvers). Forget about using the central pocket for money, keys, spare mag, whatever as you will eject its contents.

The belly band can be worn on the waist with a shirt tucked in over it. It can also be worn up higher so the gun is under your weak side armpit for when driving or in business attire (a cell phone, etc. in the shirt pocket REALLY makes it invisible). I always wear a wife beater under the belly band and have to negotiate that perfect balance between comfort/sweat if too tight or the rig working its way down if too loose.
Best regards,

Tye

Tye

Postby Tye » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:31 pm

The belly band concept is also great if wearing loose gym shorts/pajamas as it is self supporting. Finally no worries if you have to drop drawers in a public restroom -- yuck again!
Best regards,

Tye

Eric_in_FL

Postby Eric_in_FL » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Tye wrote:The belly band concept is also great if wearing loose gym shorts/pajamas as it is self supporting. Finally no worries if you have to drop drawers in a public restroom -- yuck again!

http://www.smartcarry.com/

Tye

Postby Tye » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:39 am

I must admit that I haven't tried the smart carry holster, but I'm not sure that I like the handle of the weapon buried below the belt line. If I'm carrying in the Underwraps at belt level, the handle remains above the belt and usually at strong side 3-4:00-ish for easy draw.

If carrying under the armpit as I described earlier, one may need to pop some buttons on the shirt (or otherwise lift it out of the way) slowing down the draw.

Awareness still rules.
Best regards,

Tye

Return to “Holster Tech”