Gear feedback Question

Carry related accessories
JamesCC

Gear feedback Question

Post by JamesCC » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:20 pm

With all the chaos in the world (and even more now with corona), I feel like I need to upgrade my setup this month. Right now I cc Glock19, iwb with Kore 1.5" tactical belt (my favorite belt) and I want to look at a new holster and the new kore 1.75" garrison belt. Holds more mags and gear. So I wanted some feedback on any new holsters folks have tried or would recomend that wil work with my glock and 1.75" belt?

Suggestions welcome -

Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Gear feedback Question

Post by Nathan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:28 pm

It's really tough to go wrong with the Galco KingTuk. If I carry IWB, I'm likely wearing a KingTuk.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/kingtuk ... _1376.html
Nathan in Image

yankeejib

Post by yankeejib » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:40 am

NC is an open carry state, yet usually, almost always, most people conceal for obvious reasons. That all changed this week. You might want to pick up a decent level 2 secure holster for OC if that goes where you are? Blackhawk?
Sincerely,

Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent
Doing what others find impossible is genius.
Why be difficult when with a little more effort, you can be impossible.

JamesCC

Post by JamesCC » Fri May 15, 2020 11:28 am

Since my last post I’ve clearly had a lot of time on my hands at home to do my research and order my new setup- so I
went back to kore and picked up their new garrison belt. I measured it and it really is a full 1.75 inches wide as the company states. Same ratchet system as other belts which I am familiar with an really like.

Thanks for the recommendations on holsters- I went with the KINGTUK IWB and loaded up the belt- the Garrison could handle the holster and with the wider belt I can now carry more mags and a knife now. My wife thinks it’s a bit crazy to see all this loaded up and doubts it can hold the weight but I showed her how to adjust the belt tighter to my waist for support.

First impressions having just tried it out for the day around the house and yard is that its a beast. I plan to post a better review once next month if this damn lockdown is lifted after I test this thing out for any of you who are interested.

Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Nathan » Wed May 20, 2020 7:28 pm

I'm sure it will serve you well for a long time. I don't often carry IWB, but when I do, that's what I use.
Nathan in Image

JamesCC

Post by JamesCC » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:34 pm

Gents- now that I've had the new kore garrison style belt for a bit now or so I wanted to post a followup because sometimes intial quality goes away once you use it. So far I was able to sneak in a few range runs and in between have worn it for my owb carry. I've been tryin to go to the range more than usual with all thats going on...I dunno maybe i really have too much time on my hands. For the range its stiff and supportive enough to hold my glock and I can honestly say there is no real sign of wear so far. The best part has to be the ratcheting system doesn’t seem to show wear either- the amount I looseN and tighten I would imagine the teeth of this thing would be done- but it really sinches up like day one. Thats huge when your adding and subtracting gear as much as I do. Its a beast quite honestly. For edc I found it ony works for owb. Its waaay to wide and stiff for appendix and iwb (must the the 1.75 width.) none the less I wanted to update those who read my post because if we buy crap and don’t share it ain’t cool. This is not crap. This thing is legit.

Speaking of- Does anyone else have a favorite range belt ? 

Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Nathan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:45 pm

I've been wearing the same Wilderness 5-stitch Instructor belt since 2006; After wearing literally the same belt for fourteen years, I couldn't imagine wearing anything else.

https://www.thewilderness.com/belts/ori ... ctor-belt/
Nathan in Image