My "carry uniform"

Tactical clothing, lights, lasers, kevlar vests, etc.
ridurall

My "carry uniform"

Postby ridurall » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:36 pm

Since we have a new format forum the stuff I posted about dressing around your weapon is gone. I figured I would post a couple of pictures of me in my typical “uniform”. It’s what I wear day to day weather working or screwing off. I like the bibs for me along with the way I carry my full size 1911 Delta Elite 10mm. With this set up I never have to remove my handgun while driving, using the restroom or much of anything else. I never have a problem with either my customers or the general public noticing that I'm armed. I’m carrying the 10mm with a Milt Sparks VM2 and also 2 extra magazines on the left side of the belt under my bib overalls. I've posted a picture like this before but I think I was around 315 lbs then and now I'm tipping the scales at 240. I've been working on taking some weight off mostly because with my genetic heritage my son Scotty at age 13 is not too far from what I weigh. I can't chew his butt about eating too much if I’m gaining weight so I've been making an effort to drop some. Back in 2005 I was pretty close to 400 lbs and Scotty was only 4 years old. I knew that if I didn't do something about it I wouldn't be around to help raise him. All those years in the Air Force I had to weigh in twice a year and usually I had to lose 30 or 40 lbs in a month to keep off the fat boy program. After 20 years of that when I retired I quickly discovered that my body having gotten used to starving 40 lbs off twice a year was very good at putting weight back on. At least until I topped out at my max weight. This time I took a bit over a year to lose the 65 lbs and did more of a change in life style. 8)

photo upload

photo storage

I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

yankeejib

Re: My "carry uniform"

Postby yankeejib » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:36 pm

Way to go Ron! I started my "post holiday" diet program in October this year and have dropped 30 the last 3 months. All I really have to do to lose weight is walk a little farther each day, eat a salad for lunch, and leave the beer alone. Six-pack abs are over-rated when you can have a whole case of quarts.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

ridurall

Postby ridurall » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:07 am

Thank you Professor and congratulations also. Good job.

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:43 am

When my belt gets tight, it's time to lay off the ice cream. I don't want to add notches to my belt. Those overalls do look like a good concealed carry choice. Edit, glad to see you back Professor. Thought you were lost!
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

ridurall

Postby ridurall » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:33 pm

A couple of months ago after getting tired of threading way too much extra belt through my loops I decided to cut 10" off of it. I then used my sewing awl and 80 lb test SpiderWire fishing line for thread to make sure the double thickness of hide wouldn't come apart when it shouldn't.

Often you hear of people particularly those that carry as part of their duty screwing up and leaving their weapon in a restroom where they probably had to take it out of the holster while using the restroom. In this way with the belt under my bibs I never have to take it off thereby preventing me from accidentally leaving my gun where I shouldn't.

Return to “Carry Gear”