Bandoleers

Tactical clothing, lights, lasers, kevlar vests, etc.
Hand and Steel

Bandoleers

Postby Hand and Steel » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:43 pm

If anyone knows - does anyone manufacture a simple bandoleer with MOLLE webbing?

I would like to be able to put rifle magazine pouches on a bandoleer, like the old Vietnam era bandoleers which held 20-round M16 magazines, but to hold AK mags. Chest rigs and mag bags are useful, but I like the fact that multiple bandoleers can be worn over top of heavy clothing and other gear, are a quick grab and go type item, and can be rolled up and stowed in a vehicle during an emergency.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
"If everybody in the world today had a flower instead of a gun, there would be no wars!" - The Producers
"Women should always wear tight clothing and men should carry powerful handguns." - Calvin & Hobbes

BePrepared

Re: Bandoleers

Postby BePrepared » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:16 am

I just happened to be on a training website tonight, and remembered seeing a blog post about bandoleers. Then I happened to notice your post.

I haven't read this yet.

http://defensiveconceptsnc.com/making-u ... bandolier/
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

Hand and Steel

Re: Bandoleers

Postby Hand and Steel » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:31 am

Thanks for the link.

What they describe is somewhere between a chest rig and a bagazine, so it's close but not quite what I need. As it happens I have decided to make some bandoleers out of some other MOLLE gear... Just waiting for it to get here. Should go well with my heretical crossbreed of ALICE and MOLLE, and no, there's no girl on girl involved.
"If everybody in the world today had a flower instead of a gun, there would be no wars!" - The Producers
"Women should always wear tight clothing and men should carry powerful handguns." - Calvin & Hobbes

Return to “Carry Gear”