Oil sprayer?

Tactical clothing, lights, lasers, kevlar vests, etc.
Nathan
Site Admin

Oil sprayer?

Postby Nathan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:37 pm

I currently use RemOil to spray into mainspring areas and such that aren't really accessible with a Q-tip. I'd like to be able to spray Mobil 1 into those areas instead. I could use a spray bottle but then I'm saturating an entire area with way too much oil. I'd like something that I could do a control spray similar to an aerosol can with the red hose installed at the nozzle.

The closest thing I'm finding is an air brush, but that's for spraying paint and way more complicated than what I want to do. I just want some type of sprayer that I can connect to my air compressor (I use a refrigerated dryer to ensure dry air) to spray a controlled jet of oil where I want it.

Any ideas if such a thing exists?
Thanks,
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

LWP

Re: Oil sprayer?

Postby LWP » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:04 pm

WD40 cans come with that red straw. :)
I use Rem oil in a syringe with a long blunt needle to reach remote areas. Just a drop or two.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:45 pm

LWP wrote:WD40 cans come with that red straw. :)
I use Rem oil in a syringe with a long blunt needle to reach remote areas. Just a drop or two.

My issue with RemOil is that it seems to evaporate away. I don't know if it leaves any tangible amount of Teflon behind for lubricity.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:00 pm

i use a needle oiler to reach the hard places, its easy to put just a drop or two down and move on.
http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools ... 44434.aspx

i found this,and im sure you have an air compressor you can use to charge it. i just dont know how well it will work with 5w30
eBay item #252093215992

i found this too, its worth a look
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=182338
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:22 am

My wife has an oiler for her sewing machine that has a very flexible bendable needle to dispense very small droplets of lube into very tight places. I just use a toothpick. They're under $10.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:58 pm

Nathan wrote:
LWP wrote:WD40 cans come with that red straw. :)

My issue with RemOil is that it seems to evaporate away. I don't know if it leaves any tangible amount of Teflon behind for lubricity.

I like RemOil because it doesn't seem to gunk things up so much, but I probably use it more often.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

Return to “Carry Gear”