Colt TALO Commander

Defensive carry handguns.
Nathan
Site Admin

Colt TALO Commander

Postby Nathan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:48 pm

I happened across this special edition Colt and have decided to give Colt another try. For all the criticism I've received over the years for my absolute rejection of the Series 80 FPS, I do find it interesting that whenever Colt runs a special edition that they tend to run it in Series 70.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... commander/ (<-- article on alloy frame, mine is the stainless version)
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Hand and Steel

Re: Colt TALO Commander

Postby Hand and Steel » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Let us know how it shoots. Do you plan on carrying this or is it just a collector's piece?
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Hand and Steel wrote:Do you plan on carrying this or is it just a collector's piece?

I typically have daily carry guns that I carry concealed and then I have formal carry guns (going to meetings, important events, etc.) that I open carry. My daily carry guns are usually Glocks. My formal carry guns are usually 1911s or high grade revolvers depending on the circumstance. If this gun proves itself more reliable than my 80s series Commander has, it will surely find a place in my formal carry rotation. If it fails to, it will look pretty sitting on my Colt shelf.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:35 pm

Nathan in Image

Tye

Postby Tye » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:16 pm

That really does look great. Just enough features IMO, never having a problem with original safety and a preference for traditional rear only slide serrations and stainless.

So is it relegated to the "shelf" or does she shoot?
Best regards,

Tye

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:48 pm

This one is intended to be a shooter as well as a carry gun, although I haven't yet had the opportunity to shoot it.
Nathan in Image

robalo23

Postby robalo23 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:45 pm

My Daily carry is still my colt commander. Its a older series 70 satin Nickel that Ive customized to fit my needs. I shoot it at least twice a month in competition. It eats anything i feed it, and the bullets go where I point it. IMHO its the best all around weapon for carry, weight and 9 rnd limitations are outweighed by the ability to be confident in the reliability and putting the shots where they count.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:05 pm

robalo23 wrote:My Daily carry is still my colt commander.

Definitely a great choice! I'm all over Colt (on social media) trying to encourage them to release a Series 70 Delta Commander.
Nathan in Image

Return to “Carry Guns”