.45 Shield - no OEM night sights?

Defensive carry handguns.
Nathan
Site Admin

.45 Shield - no OEM night sights?

Postby Nathan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:13 am

I woke up this morning in the mood to acquire an M&P Shield in .45ACP but could not find one with no safety and OEM night sights. I visited the S&W website in hopes of getting an exact model number to aid in my searching and they don't list one.

...any idea why S&W isn't yet offering this one with factory night sights?
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

MisterB

Re: .45 Shield - no OEM night sights?

Postby MisterB » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:56 pm

Don't know, but I think if you learn to put sights on yourself like I have, you will find that it opens up a whole new world. A world where you can buy the exact sights you like (and be consistent among multiple different guns) on Amazon, and then put them on yourself within minutes.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:14 pm

MisterB wrote:if you learn to put sights on yourself like I have, you will find that it opens up a whole new world

I can install sights; it's a value based thing with me. I can usually find OEM night sights for around $50 additional, compared to $150 to buy the same sights and install them myself.
That said, I do love a contrast (green or orange front with white rear) that isn't available OEM.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:20 pm

Check buds. That's where I got my shield 9mm no safety and oem night sights. Also you can upload your 214 and get a pretty good discount under the qualified profession program.

MisterB

Postby MisterB » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:29 pm

Nathan wrote:
MisterB wrote:if you learn to put sights on yourself like I have, you will find that it opens up a whole new world

I can install sights; it's a value based thing with me. I can usually find OEM night sights for around $50 additional, compared to $150 to buy the same sights and install them myself.
That said, I do love a contrast (green or orange front with white rear) that isn't available OEM.

That's just it. OEM doesn't usually have the good night sights, like TruGlo TFO and TFX that light up at night and outside in sunlight. Same with contrast. So what happens, is you end up (in my experience) paying another $100 for night sights that you aren't totally happy with, only to then replace them with sights that cost $100-$150.

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:06 pm

with it being a "new" model your not going to immediately see all of the different options found on the 9/40 models that have been out for a few years. Give it time or source your own night sights if you have to have it now.
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Return to “Carry Guns”