Colt's new Delta Elite O2020XE

Defensive carry handguns.
Nathan
Site Admin

Colt's new Delta Elite O2020XE

Postby Nathan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:04 am

c.jpg
c.jpg (133.65 KiB) Viewed 438 times

Colt is the only reason that the 10mm is alive today (it would have died with the Bren Ten had Colt not developed the original Delta Elite), and they appear to be dedicated to continuing the development and promotion of the 10mm by continuing to develop the Delta Elite. This newest Delta Elite has several improved features that I would have preferred in my Gen 2. I suspect we will eventually see a Delta Commander and when we do I'll be first in line to own one, but until then I'm tempted to pick up one of these.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

MisterB

Re: Colt's new Delta Elite O2020XE

Postby MisterB » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:57 am

Yeah, I saw an article on that new version recently. Looks like a nice gun. If nothing else, I like the grips better than the older version that has a one piece wrap around rubber grip. This is more of a traditional 1911 grip, and I like that.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:30 pm

With a checkered front strap I prefer these grips, otherwise I prefer the wrap-around for the front strap friction. I'm seriously considering getting this one and immediately sending it off to Wilson to remove the Series 80 fps, checker the front strap and install some night sights.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

MisterB

Postby MisterB » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:33 pm

Nathan wrote:With a checkered front strap I prefer these grips, otherwise I prefer the wrap-around for the front strap friction. I'm seriously considering getting this one and immediately sending it off to Wilson to remove the Series 80 fps, checker the front strap and install some night sights.

Sounds like a plan. Hell, maybe this will end up being your "ideal carry gun". Ron carried his daily, and couldn't stop talking about it

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:27 pm

MisterB wrote:maybe this will end up being your "ideal carry gun"

When they release the Delta Commander, it's likely as close as I'll ever come to finding it. At least until the 10mm platform expands some.
Nathan in Image

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:58 am

Bud's Gun Shop did a price match of $999 so with that I ordered from them. This will likely be my last handgun purchase for awhile, at least until they release this same gun in a Commander (or if I found a sequential pair of P1650 Colts at retail).

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... _id/17863/
Nathan in Image

MisterB

Postby MisterB » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Nathan wrote:Bud's Gun Shop did a price match of $999 so with that I ordered from them. This will likely be my last handgun purchase for awhile, at least until they release this same gun in a Commander (or if I found a sequential pair of P1650 Colts at retail).

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... _id/17863/

Awesome. Congrats. That's one I'd like to shoot sometime

lazyh

Postby lazyh » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:25 pm

I just noticed that Remington is making a 1911 in 10mm.

Return to “Carry Guns”