Glock 44 and 45?

Defensive carry handguns.
User avatar
Nathan
Site Admin
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:51 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Contact:

Glock 44 and 45?

Postby Nathan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:24 am

I'm wondering when we're going to see the Glock 44, a .40 caliber based on the 43. And do one in .45 ACP, the Glock 45. If S&W can stuff the .45 in the Shield and Springfield can stuff the .45 into the XDS, Glock should be able to do it in the 43.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.
Image

MisterB
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:54 pm

Re: Glock 44 and 45?

Postby MisterB » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:54 am

I kind of doubt that. Glock first came out with the 380 Glock 42, and even though the 9mm is very close in size to the 380, they still beefed up the Glock 43 when they released it. I would imagine they would do the same to a 40 or 45 version, by making it beefier than the 43. Glock is more about making sure their guns are going to be reliable, than they are about being the thinnest and lightest you can find.

I love carrying my G43 by the way. So much thinner and lighter than a G19, but with an extra single stack magazine in a pocket, you've got almost the same number of rounds.

11bravo
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Re: Glock 44 and 45?

Postby 11bravo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:31 pm

There already is a Glock single stack 45...

User avatar
Nathan
Site Admin
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:51 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Contact:

Re: Glock 44 and 45?

Postby Nathan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:58 pm

11bravo wrote:There already is a Glock single stack 45...

Yeah...I just hope they can make one as pocketable as is the 43.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.
Image

11bravo
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Re: Glock 44 and 45?

Postby 11bravo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:13 pm

Nathan wrote:
11bravo wrote:There already is a Glock single stack 45...

Yeah...I just hope they can make one as pocketable as is the 43.


Doubtful. As much as I love Glock they really missed the mark with the 43.

User avatar
Nathan
Site Admin
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:51 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Contact:

Re: Glock 44 and 45?

Postby Nathan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:47 pm

11bravo wrote:As much as I love Glock they really missed the mark with the 43.

? I think the 43 is a great success. It's as pocketable as is a Shield or XDS. It's not going to fit in the pocket of your nut-hugger jeans but I have no problem slipping my Shield or a 43 into most any semi-loose pocket.

What about the 43 do you dislike?
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.
Image

11bravo
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Re: Glock 44 and 45?

Postby 11bravo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:02 pm

Nathan wrote:
11bravo wrote:As much as I love Glock they really missed the mark with the 43.

? I think the 43 is a great success. It's as pocketable as is a Shield or XDS. It's not going to fit in the pocket of your nut-hugger jeans but I have no problem slipping my Shield or a 43 into most any semi-loose pocket.

What about the 43 do you dislike?

It's the biggest of the 3, it's not much thinner than my 23 when compared to the xds. If I'm going to carry the 43 I might as well put up with the extra .10 of an inch and double the rounds. It's the only Glock that doesn't fit my hand well, granted that is a personal issue not so much the gun's fault. The only thing I like about it is the Glock trigger, but I think the xds has it beat on it as well.

Also look how long it took Glock to catch up on the single stack game. The shield and xds had been out years before Glock attempted to catch up and they make us wait a year to set up from the 380 to 9mm. The whole thing just soured me.

It's a great gun don't get me wrong, but I expected more from Glock. When I carry a single stack 9 it's never the g43. Hell I carry my pf9 more than my g43.

On the nut hugger note, I don't recall sucking dick so I'm pretty sure I've never owned a pair much less worn them lol.

MisterB
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:54 pm

Re: Glock 44 and 45?

Postby MisterB » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:56 pm

11bravo wrote:
Nathan wrote:
11bravo wrote:As much as I love Glock they really missed the mark with the 43.

? I think the 43 is a great success. It's as pocketable as is a Shield or XDS. It's not going to fit in the pocket of your nut-hugger jeans but I have no problem slipping my Shield or a 43 into most any semi-loose pocket.

What about the 43 do you dislike?

It's the biggest of the 3, it's not much thinner than my 23 when compared to the xds. If I'm going to carry the 43 I might as well put up with the extra .10 of an inch and double the rounds. It's the only Glock that doesn't fit my hand well, granted that is a personal issue not so much the gun's fault. The only thing I like about it is the Glock trigger, but I think the xds has it beat on it as well.

Also look how long it took Glock to catch up on the single stack game. The shield and xds had been out years before Glock attempted to catch up and they make us wait a year to set up from the 380 to 9mm. The whole thing just soured me.

It's a great gun don't get me wrong, but I expected more from Glock. When I carry a single stack 9 it's never the g43. Hell I carry my pf9 more than my g43.

On the nut hugger note, I don't recall sucking dick so I'm pretty sure I've never owned a pair much less worn them lol.


I get what you're saying, but you have to consider that Glock is such a brand loyal company (in large part due to excellent reliability), that they didn't want to tarnish that by unnecessarily rushing something to market and having it be a flop. Having bought an XDs the first week or so they came out, and then having to deal with a recall process that was a stab in the dark at best, I traded it and haven't considered an XD product since.

User avatar
ramjet
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:12 am
Location: Rio Rico, Az.

Re: Glock 44 and 45?

Postby ramjet » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:41 am

I just love the "new" idea from Glock and S&W with single stack weapons... When the Glock 43 came out, I was like..Now how is this different than the Kahr P9? And that boy is from 01! Everything old is new again. Nice gun, but not revolutionary.
Kahr P9
S&W 1911 stainless
Springfield Armory 1911 milspec
S&W 686 4in. stainless


Return to “Carry Guns”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest