"Pretty" guns

Defensive carry handguns.
Nathan
Site Admin

"Pretty" guns

Postby Nathan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:49 am

I don't understand the trend I'm seeing lately for making guns pretty. Image
If it's a classic display gun that lives in a case I could understand it but I cannot help but notice this trend of adding accessories that are painted to pretty up a carry gun like it's some type of fashion accessory. Discussions like the one above (I responded "I can't believe grown men are discussing how well their gun matches. What's next, "does this gun make me look fat?") are all over the HK, M&P and Sig groups on Facebook (I don't really see it much on the Glock groups). I guess the gentrification of carry is becoming a thing, now?
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

samuelrp

Re: "Pretty" guns

Postby samuelrp » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:21 pm

If a gun ain't purty on its own, a cheap piece of colored plastic can't help it, lol. The Smith 19, Colt Python, Winchester lever action, and Browning original Auto 5 are beautiful. The more utilitarian Glock shows a different type of beauty. But I don't want to accessorize or add color to my outfit, lol. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:25 pm

Wow, who knew so many men had viginas.

Tye

Postby Tye » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:26 pm

11bravo wrote:Wow, who knew so many men had viginas.

Personally, I love 'em. Try it, you might like it. :D
Remember, just because gaity is over represented on TV doesn't mean you you have to suscribe to it. YMMV. Whatever floats your boat. Not judging, LOL
Best regards,

Tye

Tye

Postby Tye » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Seriously though... was it you, Nate that said a 1911 deserves a leather holster. Surely esthetics played a role in that coordination.

No offense to Virginians, if that was the intended word that solicited the above post. I clearly was thinking about, "vaginas".
Best regards,

Tye

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Tye wrote:as it you, Nate that said a 1911 deserves a leather holster. Surely esthetics played a role in that coordination.

No; not one bit. That's simple respect for the 1911.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Nathan wrote:
Tye wrote:as it you, Nate that said a 1911 deserves a leather holster. Surely esthetics played a role in that coordination.

No; not one bit. That's simple respect for the 1911.

meh, they are all tools. Use and abuse them unless they are pampered safe queens.
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:37 pm

Maybe I'm just weird (shocker), but as much as I like shiny stainless and chrome guns, there's not much I find more attractive than a beat up old pistol with heavy holster wear that still runs great.
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

Return to “Carry Guns”