Defensive carry handguns.
hkguy

Re: I give up; Glock 19 for me.

Postby hkguy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:25 am

Nathan wrote:
hkguy wrote:there is about $1500 attached to your beloved block 19 :D

I agree that stuff is nuts.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5337

This is why I left the HK Facebook group and the M&P group and the Sig group. That type of crap is showing up in the Glock group but just not as often. A Glock isn't a typical pimp-gun; a Glock is a combat gun and pimping it out for no conceivable tangible advantage seems silly.

I see it on glocks all the time. Between Zev, Agency Arms, and many others. its rare that i encounter someone that does not put at least $50 worth of aftermarket upgrades on a glock. this does not count night sights but might soon as i'm moving to the camp of were they serve no tangible defensive purpose.

i really dont care if you have your defensive tool sent off to have work done, its all personal preference.
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:00 pm

hkguy wrote:this does not count night sights but might soon as i'm moving to the camp of were they serve no tangible defensive purpose.

I'm not following you, here. You don't believe that night sights serve any tangible purpose? I think night sights should be standard on any defensive weapon. The next time you wake up in the middle of the night to go piss, acquire a sight picture in a pre-determined safe direction while your eyes are still fully dilated. Were you to be awakened in the middle of the night by the Proverbial burglar in your bedroom, night sights are gold. I know many who train at night, Hell I train at night, but that doesn't fully dilate your eyes like when you've been asleep and night training won't prepare you for taking that shot with fully dilated eyes. For a nightstand gun, I must have night sights or a laser.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Nathan wrote:
hkguy wrote:this does not count night sights but might soon as i'm moving to the camp of were they serve no tangible defensive purpose.

I'm not following you, here. You don't believe that night sights serve any tangible purpose? I think night sights should be standard on any defensive weapon. The next time you wake up in the middle of the night to go piss, acquire a sight picture in a pre-determined safe direction while your eyes are still fully dilated. Were you to be awakened in the middle of the night by the Proverbial burglar in your bedroom, night sights are gold. I know many who train at night, Hell I train at night, but that doesn't fully dilate your eyes like when you've been asleep and night training won't prepare you for taking that shot with fully dilated eyes. For a nightstand gun, I must have night sights or a laser.

to keep things on topic, ive started a new thread about this for continued discussion HERE
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

jeffhughes

Postby jeffhughes » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:24 pm

Grip reduction and stippling are worth while additions for many.

Good steel night sights are legit.

I'm a a fan of the polished 3.5 connector.

All that slide stuff is bullshit

Return to “Carry Guns”