Glock standard for Preppers

Defensive carry handguns.
Nathan
Site Admin

Glock standard for Preppers

Postby Nathan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

yankeejib

Re: Glock standard for Preppers

Postby yankeejib » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:39 am

This is why I do have some favor with the cheesy $275 plastic Kel Tec Sub2000 folding rifle chambered in Glock 9mm and the normally goofy 33 round magazines. All my mags fit both guns. Briefcase of 9mm. 150 rounds in mags, 250 more in boxes under the foam.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

Eric_in_FL

Postby Eric_in_FL » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Hehe, I see this link at the bottom of that page by same people and figured it had to be a joke. I chuckled:
Five Reasons Not to Buy a Glock:
http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/09/fi ... buy-glock/

LWP

Postby LWP » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:17 pm

yankeejib wrote: Kel Tec Sub2000 folding rifle chambered in Glock 9mm and the normally goofy 33 round magazines
Nice setup, Matey. I've been shopping, but can't decide if the social disorder will get better or worse. How would you use an optic on that rifle?

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:01 am

LWP wrote:
yankeejib wrote: Kel Tec Sub2000 folding rifle chambered in Glock 9mm and the normally goofy 33 round magazines
Nice setup, Matey. I've been shopping, but can't decide if the social disorder will get better or worse. How would you use an optic on that rifle?

They sell a bracket that clamps around the forearm. I dunno how good it holds zero or works. I just like it for portability, and it's fairly reliable. Have to clear an FTL jam once in a while.

My favorite Kel Tec Sub2000 story: In 2012, I had canoed the Nuese River in NC (with my dog) from Wake Forest to New Bern (about 175 miles over 7 days). I was hitchhiking back to Wake to fetch my truck to go back and fetch my boat, and we had hotel-ed the night in Goldsboro, NC. We were back out thumbing on the road at daylight when a cop rolled up on me. I immediately notified that I had a license and a sidearm. I got spread on the cop car and disarmed. He/she (I never could discern this fact) asks if I have any other weapons? "Yeah, there's a rifle in my bag." All my shit got unloaded and spread out on the hood of the car while "Pat" ran all my serial numbers and ID's. I get cleared and turned loose. He/she warns me not to hitchhike in city limits and not to reload on the roadside. I asked if he/she could give me a lift to the edge of town. Her reply was "why would I do that?" My answer was, "because it says 'Serve and Protect' on the side of your car." I just called a cab rather than walk 4 miles on the highway.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

Return to “Carry Guns”