XD-e

Defensive carry handguns.
Nathan
Site Admin

XD-e

Postby Nathan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Springfield is adding a hammer fired traditional DA to the XD line. I normally embrace expansion, but I predict that (aside from those who just want to buy it because it's new) this will be their biggest flop to date in the entire XD line. Market trends are clearly indicating striker fired Glock Action guns are outselling all others. Sig tried to compete with Glock with the 250 and it flopped leading Sig to clone the Glock Action in the 320 and found great success. HK built a beautiful design in the P30 but the sales numbers were stagnant. They released their striker fired VP9 and while single action, they're selling. Springfield did a great job cloning the Glock Action in the XD-s and sales were great (prior to the recall that gave the gun a bad reputation). Springfield R&D is asleep.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xde-features

Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

11bravo

Re: XD-e

Postby 11bravo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:05 pm

I've been trying figure this one out all day. Other than a second strike capibility, what do you gain from this? A longer trigger pull. Since every xd I've fired, with exception to the xds, is pure shit, I assume this one will be the same.

Maybe there is something I am missing, but I just don't get it.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:46 pm

11bravo wrote:Maybe there is something I am missing, but I just don't get it.

You aren't the only one. Read the comments on every article posted about it. It's like nobody at Springfield is listening to the customer.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:49 am

Nathan wrote:
11bravo wrote:Maybe there is something I am missing, but I just don't get it.

You aren't the only one. Read the comments on every article posted about it. It's like nobody at Springfield is listening to the customer.

The only thing i can think of is this might appeal to some major players in the global market. obviously it wont be a huge success state side unless they have a reliable 5lb or less DA trigger right out of the box.
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:04 pm

As someone who has used a Springfield XD for everyday carry for the past decade, I cannot possibly see any appeal to this new pistol type. There is nothing about that is better then what the XD already has.

Also what is with the frame-mounted safety? Why have so few companies learned that manual safeties work best when mounted on the slide?

CharlieW

Postby CharlieW » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Well, it looks like I was not the only one confused by the XD-e. Might be an XD-error.
Pragmatism -- the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Tue May 02, 2017 4:30 pm

Ohio9 wrote:Also what is with the frame-mounted safety? Why have so few companies learned that manual safeties work best when mounted on the slide?

:?:
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Hand and Steel wrote:
Ohio9 wrote:Also what is with the frame-mounted safety? Why have so few companies learned that manual safeties work best when mounted on the slide?

:?:

I think manual safeties are most convenient and easy to use when mounted on the slide instead of the frame.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Wed May 03, 2017 5:58 am

I think manual safeties are most convenient when they don't exist.
Nathan in Image

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Nathan wrote:I think manual safeties are most convenient when they don't exist.

Yet how many 1911s do you own?

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Wed May 03, 2017 6:40 pm

Ohio9 wrote:Yet how many 1911s do you own?

I don't utilize the thumb safeties on any of them. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5312 Image

...I'd even consider physically removing them entirely.
Nathan in Image

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Nathan wrote:...I'd even consider physically removing them entirely.

I'd never consider that on grounds that this could be considered a "dangerous modification" that could be used against you if you are ever in court over a shooting.

Return to “Carry Guns”