Perfection Improved

Defensive carry handguns.
samuelrp

Perfection Improved

Postby samuelrp » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:53 pm

http://gen5.glock.us/?c3ch=Display&c3ni ... ampaign=M2. Its finally happened. My beloved G19 is out of date. Just like that.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

11bravo

Re: Perfection Improved

Postby 11bravo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:25 pm

I actually like the finger grooves. Doesn't offer enough to upgrade any of my gen 3's or 4's.

Tye

Postby Tye » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:42 am

There is already a Gen 6 design with a rotating barrel. Prints are in German. Still looks like a glock. Why not start from scratch on another series? Keeping the Gen+1 nomenclature just seems like they just haven't made perfection yet. Try, try again...
Best regards,

Tye

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:23 am

Tye wrote:Why not start from scratch on another series?

Because they got it right the first time. Any improvements since involve minor changes for operator convenience. I know of very few functional changes that ever made it more reliable. How much more reliable can you be than 100%? The steel recoil spring guide rod prevented the guide rod from ever melting, but it's also been proven that the original Glock would continue to run reliably even if the recoil spring guide rod melted out of it so there is no improvement in reliability there (only ease in reassembly after melting the rod). The unsupported chamber issue was only an issue for ammunition that was handled improperly to start with. There were minor issues when Gen 4s came out but they were caught after the first run and corrected and everyone has at one time or another suffered production flaws from various vendors.

I rejected Glocks from the first moment I held one in 1987. I hated them (due to grip angle). Talked total shit on them. But then I shot one and ate every word I ever said about them. I have (specifically for carry) handguns ranging from in value from $200 (used Sigma) to $4,000 (Dan Wesson Titan). I buy more guns in a year than most gun owners buy in a lifetime, and yet as I sit here and type this I'm wearing my Gen 4 Glock 19. I'm always looking for something that does it "better", but despite a collection well into the hundreds, I just keep going back to my Glock 19. It's not that I'm loyal to
Glock because I'm not; I'm loyal to performance and I just haven't yet found anything that does it better. If I do, I'll change.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:32 am

I like the groves as well, feels like it was made for my hand. Can't believe they didn't bevel the frame to match the front of the slide. Only thing that really appeals to me is the newer finish. I'll probably stick with my gen 4.

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 am

Put a 19 in my hand this morning. The trigger is lighter but didn't feel as crisp. I like the slide finish much better. The deal breaker was it didn't point straight like the gen4, the front sight is up in the air again. The gen4 pointing straight and fitting my hand perfect is what brought me back to Glock and looks to be where I'll stay.

Return to “Carry Guns”