Glock 19x

Defensive carry handguns.
11bravo

Glock 19x

Postby 11bravo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:46 am

Nate you have said for a long time your ideal carry gun would be a G19 slide on a G17 frame, well it’s here.

http://19x.glock.us

Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Glock 19x

Postby Nathan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:57 pm

Yeah, I'm excited about this one! This is what I posted just this morning:

"I've been trying to find "better" than my Gen4 G19 for years. I'm not looking for change for the sake of change, but if better exists for me, I want to know what that is. The FNS came close, with the frame being similar to my G17 and the slide being similar to my G19, but it just wasn't where is needed to be to compel me to replace my G19 for daily carry. It's certainly a fine gun, but the bottom line is that I don't shoot it with truly equal confidence.
That said, the G19X is everything I love about the FNS, but with the Glock trigger, takedown, reliability and everything else I love about my G19. If they ever offer this in black, I'll have found my new daily carry, and it will be like bringing home an old friend as I've imagined this very gun."

This is the gun I've been waiting for!
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:12 pm

See I’m the opposite. I would prefer a 17 slide on an 19 frame. The xd’s are the only platform I know of with this set up. If the triggers weren’t so mushy, the xds being the exception, I’d grab one.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:15 pm

11bravo wrote:If the triggers weren’t so mushy, the xds being the exception, I’d grab one.

Springfield ripped off the Glock Action for the XDs and that's why its a good trigger. I agree; I hate the mushy XD trigger. I call it the "Marshmallow Trigger System".
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:24 am

...advanced order placed. If they ever offer it in black I'll get another, but for now I think I can make the FDE work.
Nathan in Image

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:54 pm

I knew you’d get one ASAP. I actually like the fde color. It’s the only color other than black I like, but I don’t buy them for cosmetics.

Even thought this one doesn’t do much for me, I’m glad to see glock offering more models instead of the small stuble changes to current models we have come to expect.

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:04 pm

drool
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Return to “Carry Guns”