Glock 43

Defensive carry handguns.
jjinsc

Glock 43

Postby jjinsc » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Well I guess the cat is out of the bag now. Finally, the long awaited single stack service caliber from Glock is here. I tried a search on the forum to see if there were any other threads, but the search seems to remove all my search words as common words.

I can't wait until these babies are released. 6+1 capacity. Anyone got any more information on this new model from Glock?

chemist

Re: Glock 43

Postby chemist » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:17 pm

"Don't tread on me" - Leave me and my property unmolested, and I won't have a sneaking desire to imagine you with a bullet displacing your brain tissue.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:28 pm

jjinsc wrote:Anyone got any more information on this new model from Glock?

Glock. Anything more would be redundant. :)<
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Matt03Z06

Postby Matt03Z06 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:10 pm

Sorry Glock, you were late to the game and I spent my money elsewhere. I was so excited when the 42 was being released, I just knew it was going to be in 9mm, only to learn it was in the disappointing .380, so I said screw it and got the Shield. Had the Glock been released at the same time, I would have bought the Glock. I've now put money into my Shield so I'll just hang on to it for a while. Maybe I'll pick up one of these later down the road. I'm sure some will trade their current carry guns for the new Glock, but I bet they lost a lot of sales to guys like me.

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:11 pm

so far, ive heard mixed reviews on the gun from a reliability standpoint. seems to be a tad smaller than a shield. street price seems to be around $475-$550 in my neck of the woods.

the nice thing is that Tarren Tactical is making +1 and +2 bases for the G43, which gives you a nice boost from 6+1. I might finally get a glock but im gonna wait for the guys who get buyers remorse and get it cheap.
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Dubhan

Postby Dubhan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:10 pm

Ill stick with the xds .45.

Smurf

Postby Smurf » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:33 am

I bought a Kahr cm9 just a couple of weeks before so I'll sit in the shadows and see how how these work out. I like the Kahr except for the trigger. It is taking some time to break from my G26.

lazyh

Postby lazyh » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:16 am

I saw a Glock 43 yesterday. Very nice looking and concealable. It was for display only and if you wanted one it would have to be ordered.

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:15 am

LGS/range has several. They're raffling one off, so I'm hoping to win big.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:31 am

To be a single stack 9, the damn feels way to thick. I picked one up along with a XDS 9mm 4.0 and I never though I'd say this, but I don't care for the glock. The only thing the glock has over the XDS is the trigger. The XDS trigger isn't bad its just not quite as crisp at the glock. The XDS will most likely replace my G23 as my EDC.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:59 am

I'm glad you guys don't like it; it will it easier for me to find one. Reliability is never more of an issue than in a sub-compact. With Glock being synonymous with reliability, this will be my choice in single stack sub-compacts.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:09 pm

Its not that I don't like it, Just like the XDs better for a single stack pistol. I love glocks in general since you brought me to the dark side Nate. Really the only complain I have with it is how thick it is for a single stack. Hell my G36 is thinner than the G43.

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:12 am

Nathan wrote:I'm glad you guys don't like it; it will it easier for me to find one. Reliability is never more of an issue than in a sub-compact. With Glock being synonymous with reliability, this will be my choice in single stack sub-compacts.

have you been following the general consensus on the G42? Ive been getting mixed reviews from a reliability standpoint. Id expect the same out of the G43
IDPA & USPSA Member

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:27 am

hkguy wrote:have you been following the general consensus on the G42?
I've heard mixed results but unable to determine how much of it is the gun and how much of it is the man/woman holding the gun. Regardless, I always give a new platform time to work the bugs out before I buy one. I've learned that lesson too many times, and this is why I don't already have one.

...well, that and any gun would be hard pressed to replace my J-Frame for my pocket gun.
Nathan in Image

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:02 pm

Nathan wrote:...well, that and any gun would be hard pressed to replace my J-Frame for my pocket gun.

Even with a holster, the idea of pocket carry with a Glock trigger makes me cringe.
"It is demonstrable that power structures tend to attract people who want power for the sake of power and that a significant proportion of such people are imbalanced — in a word, insane.” – Frank Herbert

"Welcome to Costco. I love you."

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Hand and Steel wrote:
Nathan wrote:...well, that and any gun would be hard pressed to replace my J-Frame for my pocket gun.

Even with a holster, the idea of pocket carry with a Glock trigger makes me cringe.

just get the NY trigger special, its damn near the same as a factory j-frame.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/421099 ... 8-39-olive
IDPA & USPSA Member

the925life

Postby the925life » Sun May 31, 2015 9:07 pm

Anyone take a 43 home yet? Any reports?

jjinsc

Postby jjinsc » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:26 pm

I have become so accustomed to pocket carrying my G26 that I find myself saying, "why do I want to compromise my current capacity". But still, I keep looking for one on the shelves to checkout. So far, the spots labeled for the 43 have been empty because they get grabbed up so fast.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:46 pm

I checked one out and to be honest, I prefer the Shield. The Glock has the superior trigger but the ergonomics just didn't fit. My wife liked it a lot and will get one. I shoot it well. It's perfectly fine for combat accuracy and I've no doubt about it's reliability.
Nathan in Image

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:10 pm

I just tried out the Glock 43 for the first time today. Comfort and reliability were flawless. The gun felt great in my hand, and it fired 100 rounds of Tul Ammo (probably the lowest quality ammo on the market) without a single issue. Keep in mind this was a rental gun at a range, meaning it probably isn't cleaned properly after every firing, and yet it still performed just fine.

However, accuracy was another story. This was woefully inaccurate at all ranges. At 25 yards, I was lucky if I could hit the target 30%-40% of the time. With my Sprinfield XDS, accuracy at that range is about 60-80%. Even with my Kahr PM9, accuracy at that range is usually 50-60%.

So while reliability and comfort left no complaints, I simply don't see myself getting this weapon. It's less accurate then my current XDS and holds less ammo. This case was yet another reminder to me about the importance of testing every gun before purchase if possible.

jjinsc

Postby jjinsc » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:53 pm

I finally caught one on the shelf at Basspro tonight. I really was impressed with the size and weight. Also, I could get all three fingers on the grip fine with the factory magazine. I just need to find one to rent at a local gun range to test. It will be interesting to compare the accuracy of it with my G26 and G27.

flymaker

Postby flymaker » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:17 pm

I had a 43 in my hand and well lets just say Ill stick with my 26 and 19 ..... My hands are fairly large and well versed in the standard size glock pistols ...the gun is a good idea and I'm sure many will be picking one up ....My wife liked it but I cant get her to give up the damn .380

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:36 pm

Ohio9 wrote:It's less accurate then my current XDS
I doubt that; having fired both I found both exceptional for sub-compact guns with absolutely no difference in accuracy. Both had perfectly acceptable combat accuracy at reasonable handgun combat ranges (and still pretty dang decent beyond that).

Had you said "I shoot it less accurately than I shoot an XD-S" I wouldn't doubt your statement. The guns themselves however perform quite similarly.
Nathan in Image

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:59 am

Nathan wrote:Had you said "I shoot it less accurately than I shoot an XD-S" I wouldn't doubt your statement

That was what I meant, seeing as I base my opinion of both guns on nothing but personal experience.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:49 am

Of course...but you know I gotta call you out when the opportunity presents itself. :D
Nathan in Image

Return to “Carry Guns”