New PM 9

Defensive carry handguns.
hkguy

New PM 9

Postby hkguy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:30 am

This walked into the shop for a price i could not refuse. I have been on the look out for one at a good price. I got this for a REALLY good price. This is by far one of the best production 1911's out there, especially in 9mm. I will eventually be doing some work to it but for now, ill enjoy shooting it as it sits. I might get out tomorrow to do a range report.

Enjoy.

NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Nathan
Site Admin

Re: New PM 9

Postby Nathan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:41 pm

I certainly agree; Dan Wesson 1911s are in my opinion the finest production 1911s made.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

YeeeahSteve

Postby YeeeahSteve » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:37 pm

Thanks for making me want an 9mm 1911 even more!

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:19 am

YeeeahSteve wrote:Thanks for making me want an 9mm 1911 even more!

I was about to drop the money on a Springfield RO in 9mm, but this was sitting on the used shelf for the same price
:D

MY PM-9 came with a tripp cobra 10 round mag (some of the best on the market) but mine suffers from a very tight chamber and I experienced 2-3 fail to feed per 10 rounds. I did not clean it before I went out ( I was to excited) so it will get a good cleaning and ill see if the problem persists. If it does, ill be getting the chamber reamed. My research indicates this was a pretty common problem with PM-9's made in 2008, the chambers were cut to minimum SAMMI specs

This is my second 1911 chambered in 9mm. They are soft shooting with factory ammo and really soft shooting my IDPA reloads.

Ill be ordering a new magwell/mainspring housing and a new front sight from dawson. Down the road I might upgrade the ignition kit to a SVI competition set as this will be a competition gun only.
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Return to “Carry Guns”