Colt Double Eagle

Defensive carry handguns.
hkguy

Colt Double Eagle

Postby hkguy » Wed May 06, 2015 11:58 pm

I was working over the weekend at gander and was talking to a customer about double action 1911's. The only one I new of was the Para LDA's but after a little research, I found that Colt made the Double Eagle and Seacamp pioneered the conversion in the late 70's. I pride myself being In the know about some obscure "modern" handguns, but I was surprised with this. Has anyone actually handled/shot one of these bastardizations of JMB's venerable 1911?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =482096544
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Hand and Steel

Re: Colt Double Eagle

Postby Hand and Steel » Thu May 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Sadly I cannot say that I have shot a Double Eagle, but a few years ago I had the opportunity to handle a Double Eagle Commander at a gun shop. It was one of the most solid and well made service type pistols I've ever seen. If I had had the cash at that time, I would have bought it.

It goes with others like the PHP MV9 and the Star M43 in the really cool, really obscure pistol category.
"It is demonstrable that power structures tend to attract people who want power for the sake of power and that a significant proportion of such people are imbalanced — in a word, insane.” – Frank Herbert

"Welcome to Costco. I love you."

YeeeahSteve

Re: Colt Double Eagle

Postby YeeeahSteve » Mon May 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Its like a 1911 and a Beretta had one night stand.

Return to “Carry Guns”