Desert Tech MDR

Shotguns, assault rifles, sub-guns, carbines and non-carry handguns.
chemist

Desert Tech MDR

Postby chemist » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:07 am

Desert Tech MDR is a multi caliber bullpup rifle (308, 5.56, 300 blk,...) and Desert Tech's first outing in the select-fire/semi-auto world. They are best known for precision bullpup rifles, and not having typically crappy bullpup triggers.

http://deserttech.com/mdr.php

Prototype shooting:

I'm currently planning to get a 308 version. Already bought magazines and a Nightforce F1 3-15... needless to say, I'm kind of excited.

ridurall

Re: Desert Tech MDR

Postby ridurall » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:41 pm

I like the idea of having a longer barrel without the extra length of the gun. I hate bad triggers and for that reason never got into bull pups also having the chamber right next to your face has never been something I wanted too much. That is one reason I never went that way with the 50 BMG. I'm looking forward to a performance report. How long of barrel are you going with? Out of a 24" barrel with my AR-10T I'm getting 2830 FPS with 168 gr A-Max.

chemist

Postby chemist » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:33 pm

I'm leaning toward the 19in 308. It may depend on availability too. I could see a scenario where they don't release the longer barrels until a year after the 16 inch and SBR models.

They should have the next generation of prototypes at SHOT, and hopefully some firmer details on release and initial offerings.
"Don't tread on me" - Leave me and my property unmolested, and I won't have a sneaking desire to imagine you with a bullet displacing your brain tissue.

chemist

Postby chemist » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:45 am

Picture of barrel length options (to meet some bs legal requirements).

"Don't tread on me" - Leave me and my property unmolested, and I won't have a sneaking desire to imagine you with a bullet displacing your brain tissue.

Return to “Scatterguns, Rifles & Non-carry Handguns”