Anybody like vintage American pump shotguns? Check out these beauties I just bought

Shotguns, assault rifles, sub-guns, carbines and non-carry handguns.
MisterB

Anybody like vintage American pump shotguns? Check out these beauties I just bought

Postby MisterB » Sun May 08, 2016 9:09 pm

I just bought both of these within a week of each other, and I'm quite happy with them. It is just so cool to hold a piece of history like this. Good quality steel, and American walnut. Both guns are nice and tight.

The first is a Winchester model 1897, made in 1904. She's a 16 Ga, designed by none other than John Browning. Check out the exposed hammer, and the way the action works to eject the spent round and load the new one. So cool.

Next up is a Winchester Model 12, made in 1919. This one is a 12 Ga. Both guns can slamfire, where you hold down the trigger and as fast as you can pump the action, the gun will fire.

Anyway, I took a small break from buying Sig's and Glocks, and have been enjoying this. I might get a side by side next, or maybe a lever action rifle. I have a new Henry 44 mag, but I want a vintage lever action now.

yankeejib

Re: Anybody like vintage American pump shotguns? Check out these beauties I just bought

Postby yankeejib » Mon May 09, 2016 2:04 am

Super clean!
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

MisterB

Re: Anybody like vintage American pump shotguns? Check out these beauties I just bought

Postby MisterB » Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 am

yankeejib wrote:Super clean!

Thanks! I'll definitely have my eye out for others in the future. Glad to see you like them. Too bad Ron isn't around. I'm sure he would have enjoyed these too

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Mon May 09, 2016 11:31 am

Yeah that's some sweet ass gun steel!
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Smurf

Postby Smurf » Wed May 11, 2016 5:36 am

That "97 will twist and come apart into two pieces. I have one that was in bad shape when I got it. Mine is 12 ga.
That Model 12 is very good condition. I had one in 16 ga I gave to my youngest grandson.

MisterB

Postby MisterB » Wed May 11, 2016 6:28 pm

Smurf wrote:That "97 will twist and come apart into two pieces. I have one that was in bad shape when I got it. Mine is 12 ga.
That Model 12 is very good condition. I had one in 16 ga I gave to my youngest grandson.

Yeah, both the 97 and the model 12 break down in half. Pretty cool feature. Gotta love a John Browning design

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Wed May 11, 2016 7:42 pm

Looks similar to a model 12. Nice.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:54 pm

Wow those things look like they are in pretty nice condition considering how old they are. Have they had restoration work or did the previous owner just do an amazing job of taking care of them?

Return to “Scatterguns, Rifles & Non-carry Handguns”