Illuminated reticle 1 - (×) scopes

Optics, sights, and all sighting specific issues.
deadguy

Illuminated reticle 1 - (×) scopes

Postby deadguy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:36 am

I had been waffling on this one for a few weeks. I sold a Nikon M223 1-4 scope in order to acquire a 1-4 or 1-6 with an illuminated reticle without dropping a lot of money. I eventually decided on the Vortex Strike Eagle, and should have it tomorrow.

The SE has 1-6x magnification, and an illuminated reticle that should be suitable for my eyes. I considered the single dot type reticle with illumination capabilities, but after going through my RDS search, the SE's reticle won out. Having the 6x reach will be a plus as well.

Others that I considered were a few of the Leupold models, a Primary Arms offering, and a couple others i cannot recall. Vortex has a lifetime warranty, no questions asked, and reviews have been positive.

I plan to take it out this weekend and give it a workout. This scope won't be used for hunting or tactical purposes, but will be used for general range shooting and some distance shooting on occasion.

Hope I made a good choice. Any others here use the Strike Eagle?

11bravo

Re: Illuminated reticle 1 - (×) scopes

Postby 11bravo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:36 pm

I run one on my AR. For the longest I just ran Irons but I'm liking the strike eagle. Its a little slower than I would like even on 1x due to the eye relief. The reticle takes some getting use too. I"m normally not a fan of that style but the more I shoot with the more I can see it's uses. Vortex is great though. I'm starting to run them on a few of my bolt guns and love em. Best budget glass out there if you ask me.

Hand and Steel

Re: Illuminated reticle 1 - (×) scopes

Postby Hand and Steel » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:23 pm

While it's not the Strike Eagle, I've got a 3-9 power Vortex with illuminated reticle on my AK and I'm quite pleased with it. For only $200 or so it's been more than worth it.
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

Return to “Optics & Sights”