Best sights I've found

Optics, sights, and all sighting specific issues.
Nathan
Site Admin

Best sights I've found

Postby Nathan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:53 pm

Heine Ledge "Straight Eight" night sights.

I've used these sights for years (they came on my Dan Wesson V-Bob) and I think they're the best I've tried. Learn the concept of "straight eight" and why its faster than the traditional three dot system. I'll be upgrading all of my carry guns.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

hkguy

Re: Best sights I've found

Postby hkguy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:34 pm

Trijicon HD's are really starting to grow on me.

NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:27 pm

hkguy wrote:Trijicon HD's are really starting to grow on me.

I don't like that the ring requires charging from a light source. If you wake up in the middle of the night in a dark room (precisely when you need them to work most), the ring won't be charged. That's my primary rejection of the HK glow in the dark type sights, too.

Try to Straight Eight configuration sometime; it is indeed faster acquisition without sacrificing accuracy.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

MisterB

Postby MisterB » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Sights like that are fine, until you actually shoot your gun outdoors or in bright indoor light.

TruGlo TFX Pro all the way. Excellent night AND day vision

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Nathan wrote:
hkguy wrote:Trijicon HD's are really starting to grow on me.

I don't like that the ring requires charging from a light source. If you wake up in the middle of the night in a dark room (precisely when you need them to work most), the ring won't be charged. That's my primary rejection of the HK glow in the dark type sights, too.

Try to Straight Eight configuration sometime; it is indeed faster acquisition without sacrificing accuracy.

there is a tritium lamp in the middle of the colored ring. the orange is basically the same as an orange ramp on your favorite smith revolver. the colored ring is for faster acquisition during the day IMO. In the middle of the night your still going to have three green dots, you just have the option of hitting the front sight with a light source and you can have a bigger glowing dot.

NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Return to “Optics & Sights”