Price too good to be true?

Optics, sights, and all sighting specific issues.
Nathan
Site Admin

Price too good to be true?

Postby Nathan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:46 am

While searching for an optic for my .458 I stumbled across this ACOG for an AR10 (.308). I still haven't purchased an optic for my AR10 and I'm very happy with the ACOG on my AR15; another for my AR10 would be great. My problem with this auction is the price. A buy it now of $1,059 is very low. These scopes sell for $1,400 locally and I cannot find one (other than this one) online anywhere for less than around $1,200. This makes me wonder if it is legitimate, or could it be a Chinese knock-off clone?
Thanks,

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/597954803
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

hkguy

Re: Price too good to be true?

Postby hkguy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:28 pm

i believe trijicon puts serial numbers on their products.
the pictures posted look like stock photos so i would ask for more personally. the seller has quite a bit of sales and appears to have generally good feedback too.

this might help you too

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/arch ... 22347.html
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Thanks! I'll begin my research carefully. The guy has good feedback but it's also possible that he doesn't realize it's a fake? I have to question the whole thing just because he is selling it way cheaper than Trijicon allows their scopes to be sold.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Nathan wrote:

Thanks! I'll begin my research carefully. The guy has good feedback but it's also possible that he doesn't realize it's a fake? I have to question the whole thing just because he is selling it way cheaper than Trijicon allows their scopes to be sold.

It's good to be cautious, this could also be a case where he has been sitting on it for a long time and it has not moved. So he's taking a small loss on it to move inventory and free up cash.

Should be a nice setup either way :)
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

LWP

Postby LWP » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:01 am

It's a good instrument, but I use an ACOG 5.5x50 on my 20" .308-AR. This .308 has the range to need a more powerful optic. I use an EOtech 512 on my 16" .308-AR for shorter range and to keep this lighter rifle as light as possible. Neither are for "hunting".

If the seller can show an actual photo of the small printing on his item, it is authentic.

Return to “Optics & Sights”