EOTech recall

Optics, sights, and all sighting specific issues.
Nathan
Site Admin

EOTech recall

Postby Nathan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm unable to process the RA form available on the EOTech website. It appears that Foster Settlement is handling this issue but I'm hoping to confirm this isn't just some internet scam so that people send in their sights.

http://www.fostersettlement.com
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

LWP

Re: EOTech recall

Postby LWP » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Does EOtech customer service verify the recall? Have you experienced any of the issues stated as defects in the CAL? I have not, but may not be able to detect them.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:41 pm

LWP wrote:Have you experienced any of the issues stated as defects in the CAL?

I have not experienced any of the reported issues. My EOTechs have all been excellent.

...but if they want to give me MSRP to return it, I'll return it...and then buy their improved products for less money than I paid for the 553.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

LWP

Postby LWP » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:50 pm

If my EOtech 512 from 2013 has no defects, I'll keep it. In general, quality of products seems to decline as they find cheaper ways to make things.

Return to “Optics & Sights”