FBI goes back to 9mm

Commercial defense and target ammunition.
Montanapatriot

FBI goes back to 9mm

Postby Montanapatriot » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:39 pm

The same argument as has been put forth by Nathan and others as to the effectiveness of *modern* post 2007 ammo offerings in 9mm.
Posted on Facebook tonight.
http://concealednation.org/2014/10/fbi- ... -decision/

MisterB

Re: FBI goes back to 9mm

Postby MisterB » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Good article. I really like the 9mm round. My best shooting 9, is my Sig P226 Elite Dark, with short reset trigger. Boy, does that thing make me look like a very good shooter.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:19 pm

Had they just listened to me eight years ago I could have saved them an awful lot of trouble. :D

...and yet there are still some who resist my conclusions that are the result of tens of thousands of rounds of testing. The secret to 9mm lies in the 147 grain JHP. Dismiss all the marketing bullshit and simple energy numbers. The 147 grain JHP penetrates deeper and expands larger statistically every time. Modern JHPs are not velocity dependent for reliable expansion so my recommendation applies from carbines all the way down through sub-compacts. The secret to 9mm is the 147 grain JHP from a quality, reputable manufacturer. My preferred choice is the Federal HST +P, but most any quality manufacturer produces comparable results with the edge going to the HST.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:41 pm

The main thing I love about the 9mm round is its cost efficiency. It is easily the cheapest, most widely available service caliber round in the nation. I've gotten deals off gunbroker.com that involve purchasing 1,000 rounds for as little as 120 dollars. You would be hard pressed to find that kind of deal for any other service caliber.

The 9mm is a round that is effective in combat and cheap enough to afford plenty of rounds for training on your own time. That's why nearly all of my handguns are in 9mm, including every gun I use for primary carry.

Return to “Commercial Ammunition”