Archery/Bow guys

Bows and crossbows.
the925life

Archery/Bow guys

Postby the925life » Tue May 19, 2015 11:38 am

I have a bunch of compound bows and accessories stored in my garage that the family isn't using any longer. I'd like to sell these locally or on fleabay this summer but I really know nothing about their value. Anyone here know about bows? If I posted a bunch of details about them could you give me some ballpark numbers as to their value?

ridurall

Re: Archery/Bow guys

Postby ridurall » Wed May 20, 2015 10:43 am

One thing I've noticed is that with the compound bow boom their values don't really hold up. Seems every year there is something faster, lighter or more accurate. However traditional equipment like long bows and recurves hold their value nicely. When my back started acting up I swapped by compound bow for an Excalibur crossbow. Man it's a heavy monster but is accurate. However I feel like I'm cheating when I use it. I had to quit practicing with my Chadwick custom long bow and Martin Hatfield recurve. I'm hoping my kids will take an interest in using them. I would suggest comparing prices on flea bay to figure out what they are worth.

Eric_in_FL

Postby Eric_in_FL » Wed May 20, 2015 10:47 am

My brother got a Hoyt recurve a couple years ago and I had gotten him some target boxes for it. After visiting him last summer and shooting it, I remembered how much I loved shooting a bow. Been looking at some recurves lately myself, if you find any in there let me know! :)

the925life

Postby the925life » Wed May 20, 2015 5:42 pm

Yeah I dont expect to make a killing on these things. Just trying to get them gone for an amout that justifies my time. Still need to dig them out and compile the details.

mattinglyt

Postby mattinglyt » Wed May 27, 2015 7:26 pm

You might make a little, but take into consideration the pain in the ass it will be to sell them individually. I had a few bows left over from upgrades that were laying around. I found a local youth group that focuses on teaching kids proper archery skills and safety. I donated my 4 bows to them, they survive mostly on donations anyway.

Maybe look for something like that in your area.
Ted
Dysfunctional Veteran
US Army 63B20 H8

Return to “Archery”