Learn from other's mistakes

Discussions regarding the right to bear arms.
yankeejib

Learn from other's mistakes

Post by yankeejib » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:52 pm

https://www.wfla.com/news/local-news/ma ... 1945127044

(According to the account) Driver one is cruising down the road when driver Two crosses the center line and nearly hits him. One spins a U-turn to go fetch a license plate number. Two takes offense at being trailed and spins a U-turn to go meet One. They stop. Two exits his vehicle and leans into One's vehicle to have words. Driver One brandishes. Perfectly acceptable. Two also pulls a piece. One shoots him dead. Clean shoot in my book. Don't show me a gun if you don't want mine. One stayed and waited for the cops. No charges filed. Situation is garbage. There are at least four times that either one of these jackwagons could have de-escalated a simple conflict. I have a feeling One will skate criminal charges but will lose his entire life to the widow in civil court. Sometimes you just gotta walk away. A better ending would have been to run over Two a couple of times as well.
Sincerely,

Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent
Doing what others find impossible is genius.
Why be difficult when with a little more effort, you can be impossible.

Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Learn from other's mistakes

Post by Nathan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:24 pm

This entire thing is tragic and you're exactly right, it didn't have to escalate to this. We all get road rage, but you gotta keep your cool. Walk (drive) away.
Nathan in Image

Ohio9

Post by Ohio9 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:57 pm

That's the #1 thing we all should remember when we are in a road rage incident: You are in a car! You have fast means to leave the area, so use it whenever possible.

JamesCC

Post by JamesCC » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:51 am

We teach our son to take a minute and cool off when escalating emotions. We should all use that when driving and something triggers us. Take a deep breath and stay in the moment of breathing rather than focus on what’s pissing you off. Work on that part later.