Roll Down Security Door / Cover / ?

Securing your home, your office, etc.
i12flytoday

Roll Down Security Door / Cover / ?

Postby i12flytoday » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:06 pm

About 10 years ago I had a neighbor that lived across the street from me. He traveled a lot with his job and wanted to keep his house secure when he left. He had these roll down steel shutters / covers / doors, I don't know what you call them, but the effectively blocked every door and window in his house. They were pretty tough. Aside from the homenazi association making him paint them so they looked like windows, they were impressive.

Does anyone have a link to such a product? These were very nice and were trimmed into the existing structure so they were nearly invisible when retracted.

samuelrp

Re: Roll Down Security Door / Cover / ?

Postby samuelrp » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Lots of beach homes have them in NC.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

ridurall

Postby ridurall » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:30 pm

In Germany they called them Rolladens and were great for protecting windows and doors. Here is a web site that might help. http://www.rolladen.com/hurricane_shutters.php We had a wind storm hit Germany while we were there that knocked down something like 80,000 Hectars of forest and the Eurpeans cut the wood and sunk it in lakes and rivers to preserve the wood from bark beetles and protect the rest of their forest. We had a great big picture window that I was worried how the wind was flexing it and the rolladen did wonders to protect it. They also worked great if you were a shift worker because it could block out the sunlight when put all the way down.

Mogunner

Postby Mogunner » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:10 pm

When I build I have considered building in the hidden roll down steel protectors, they are an expensive initial investment that will only buy you a few minutes before the intruders find another way in but a few minutes can be the time needed to get armed and position yourself for a fight
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Return to “Structural Security”