They Tried to Kick My Door Down

Securing your home, your office, etc.
samuelrp

They Tried to Kick My Door Down

Postby samuelrp » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Luckily, for them and me, I was not at home at the time. About 3:00 in the afternoon, my neighbor was on the porch across the street. He saw a carload of street punks pull in my driveway. Two got out. Other two went around the block in the car. Two at my house tried to kick my front door in. The reinforced striker plate and two deadbolts protected me, but my door has been compromised with a big crack. Police dusted for fingerprints but I don't expect any arrest. Now my wife is paranoid, and my door needs to be replaced. Different world we live in today.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

Nathan
Site Admin

Re: They Tried to Kick My Door Down

Postby Nathan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Sorry to hear this; have you any dogs?
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:43 am

No dogs, but we've discussed getting a Shepard. Too, I had been looking at wireless motion activated cameras lately which can be used also with a smart phone. So nows the time for me to rethink security.I'm in a nice neighborjood , considered safe, but you never know when someone will try to ruin your day.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

MisterB

Postby MisterB » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:16 am

Sounds like they thought your house belonged to somebody else. Probably someone that owes them drug or gambling money or something. To just kick the door, then give up and leave sounds like exactly that. Otherwise, why not just break a window and come on in? That's cake to do.

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:16 pm

samuelrp wrote:Now my wife is paranoid, and my door needs to be replaced. Different world we live in today.

The time to be "paranoid" is before something happens - good thing the door was reinforced.

Putting some extra security lights out, as well as some cameras potentially, would be a good thing to do now - even if the security lights aren't needed, it at least shows the idiots that you're better protected if they come back and try to do it again.
"If everybody in the world today had a flower instead of a gun, there would be no wars!" - The Producers
"Women should always wear tight clothing and men should carry powerful handguns." - Calvin & Hobbes

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:30 pm

samuelrp wrote:I'm in a nice neighborjood , considered safe, but you never know when someone will try to ruin your day.

This line kills me every time I hear it. "Nice neighborhood" means you have nice shit to steal. "Poor neighborhoods" have nothing worth taking.

Johnde

Postby Johnde » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Poor neighborhoods get robbed more because thieves are dog shit lazy. The assholes that broke into my house got caught burglarizing their next door neighbor with a covering of snow.
NRA Life Member.
4-H youth firearm instructor.

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:45 pm

That's awesome they caught them, that rarely happens in my area. I feel your pain though. After buying my new house after the last one was leveled by a tornado, it was broken into twice within 6 months. I got a german shepherd after getting back from Afghanistan, best security system ever.

Return to “Structural Security”