They Tried to Kick My Door Down

Securing your home, your office, etc.
samuelrp

They Tried to Kick My Door Down

Postby samuelrp » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Luckily, for them and me, I was not at home at the time. About 3:00 in the afternoon, my neighbor was on the porch across the street. He saw a carload of street punks pull in my driveway. Two got out. Other two went around the block in the car. Two at my house tried to kick my front door in. The reinforced striker plate and two deadbolts protected me, but my door has been compromised with a big crack. Police dusted for fingerprints but I don't expect any arrest. Now my wife is paranoid, and my door needs to be replaced. Different world we live in today.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

Nathan
Site Admin

Re: They Tried to Kick My Door Down

Postby Nathan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Sorry to hear this; have you any dogs?
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:43 am

No dogs, but we've discussed getting a Shepard. Too, I had been looking at wireless motion activated cameras lately which can be used also with a smart phone. So nows the time for me to rethink security.I'm in a nice neighborjood , considered safe, but you never know when someone will try to ruin your day.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

MisterB

Postby MisterB » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:16 am

Sounds like they thought your house belonged to somebody else. Probably someone that owes them drug or gambling money or something. To just kick the door, then give up and leave sounds like exactly that. Otherwise, why not just break a window and come on in? That's cake to do.

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:16 pm

samuelrp wrote:Now my wife is paranoid, and my door needs to be replaced. Different world we live in today.

The time to be "paranoid" is before something happens - good thing the door was reinforced.

Putting some extra security lights out, as well as some cameras potentially, would be a good thing to do now - even if the security lights aren't needed, it at least shows the idiots that you're better protected if they come back and try to do it again.
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:30 pm

samuelrp wrote:I'm in a nice neighborjood , considered safe, but you never know when someone will try to ruin your day.

This line kills me every time I hear it. "Nice neighborhood" means you have nice shit to steal. "Poor neighborhoods" have nothing worth taking.

Johnde

Postby Johnde » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Poor neighborhoods get robbed more because thieves are dog shit lazy. The assholes that broke into my house got caught burglarizing their next door neighbor with a covering of snow.
NRA Life Member.
4-H youth firearm instructor.

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:45 pm

That's awesome they caught them, that rarely happens in my area. I feel your pain though. After buying my new house after the last one was leveled by a tornado, it was broken into twice within 6 months. I got a german shepherd after getting back from Afghanistan, best security system ever.

Wild Dog

Postby Wild Dog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:03 am

One time some punks broke into my home. Luckily for them i was away at the time. Let’s just say someone made them disappear off the earth, soon thereafter *wink wink*
Woof Woof, dirtbag!

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:50 pm

Wild Dog wrote:One time some punks broke into my home. Luckily for them i was away at the time. Let’s just say someone made them disappear off the earth, soon thereafter *wink wink*

In case you've been wondering why no one responded to your dumbshit post (which it is, what grade are you in *wink wink*?), make no mistake that you have been discussed privately, and have certainly drawn attention to yourself and this forum from LE *wink wink*. No one here has responded to your post and have collectively decided to let you fade away, but that's just not my style. This forum is dedicated to responsible carry and use of firearms. Your post is 1) irresponsible 2) complete BS, and 3) see 1 and 2. If you truly are in a carry profession, you need to reconsider your priorities. I would suggest any of Ayoobs books. His discussion of use of lethal force is a must-read for you. And since the "warrior mentality" is your focus, you MUST read Lt Col Dave Grossman "On Combat". On that note, the fact that you would disrespect any combat service veteran on this forum makes me ill. Listen dumbshit security jockey. You are dangerous to yourself and anyone around you until you figure out how all this really works. In the meantime, fuck off and go check out DefensiveCarry.com. Those guys are all about their egos. You'll be welcome there.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:04 pm

yankeejib wrote:
Wild Dog wrote:One time some punks broke into my home. Luckily for them i was away at the time. Let’s just say someone made them disappear off the earth, soon thereafter *wink wink*

In case you've been wondering why no one responded to your dumbshit post (which it is, what grade are you in *wink wink*?), make no mistake that you have been discussed privately, and have certainly drawn attention to yourself and this forum from LE *wink wink*. No one here has responded to your post and have collectively decided to let you fade away, but that's just not my style. This forum is dedicated to responsible carry and use of firearms. Your post is 1) irresponsible 2) complete BS, and 3) see 1 and 2. If you truly are in a carry profession, you need to reconsider your priorities. I would suggest any of Ayoobs books. His discussion of use of lethal force is a must-read for you. And since the "warrior mentality" is your focus, you MUST read Lt Col Dave Grossman "On Combat". On that note, the fact that you would disrespect any combat service veteran on this forum makes me ill. Listen dumbshit security jockey. You are dangerous to yourself and anyone around you until you figure out how all this really works. In the meantime, fuck off and go check out DefensiveCarry.com. Those guys are all about their egos. You'll be welcome there.

This is what I get for trying to be good. Someone else has all the fun. If this douche nozzle hangs around and not back over to the hang out with the guys at glock talk that like to touch themselves watching die hard, can we refer to him as Paul Blart until he removes his head from his 4th point of contact? (I’ll almost believe you aren’t 12 if you know what that is without googles help.)

Return to “Structural Security”