Home security cams

Securing your home, your office, etc.
Smurf

Home security cams

Postby Smurf » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:27 am

I've been mulling this over for some time now but it became necessary in my opinion last Sat. I am in the process of remodeling my bedroom and was staining the hardwood floor. I was expecting my renter to bring the rent and as I raised up near the front window, I saw a white car pulled up next to my front porch in the driveway they have two white cars. I watched and could not see who got back in the car. The sun was reflecting off the car windows but I did not recognize the car. Sometimes she drops the rent in my mail slot in the garage door. The car went in the direction of her house but it wasn't her as she drove up about an hour later. I had went outside and could not find anything amiss. Well, Momday I was in the carport painting base shoe on sawhorses and same white car pulled up in same spot. A young man got and started to carport and upon seeing me, turned to his car and got out a box of clothes. I said those aren't mine. He kept walking towards me. I pulled off my glove on my right hand and held it with my left and turned slightly. He stopped and looked at my bare hand and I told him again he had the wrong house. He then tried to give me a story about returning the clothes to the house at the end of the street. He said an older woman gave them to him at Walmart. I said for the last time you have wrong house. He then got in his car and left. So I came and ordered an Lorex wireless system I had bookmarked last year. It came in Thurs. Installing now.

samuelrp

Re: Home security cams

Postby samuelrp » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:03 pm

Let us know how it works. I'm interested in video, but cannot decide what I need to compliment my alarm system.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

Smurf

Re: Home security cams

Postby Smurf » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:11 pm

So far it is working good. I have yet to test the distance of the cam transmitter. There are instruction to take note of location of cams. Says if they have to penetrate cement, concrete blocks or metal bldgs. then the distance will be affected. My house is of concrete blocks. I have a cam in my addon carport which is going through two block walls and doing good. But I want to put a cam up in the back lot on my equipment shed looking at a electric gate, if it transmit to my livivng room. I can get a amp for the cam whic I may to do.

Return to “Structural Security”