Winchester® Defender Tactical Safes

Securing your home, your office, etc.

Winchester® Defender Tactical Safes

Postby Abyss » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:27 am

Anybody have experience with this line of safes? Good, bad or indifferent? Is the 12 gauge steel a cause for concern? Based on several factors that are neither here-nor-there, my concerns ranked from highest to lowest are: 1. Fire protection, 2. Safe storage/kids, 3. Theft.

Hand and Steel

Re: Winchester® Defender Tactical Safes

Postby Hand and Steel » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:07 am

Guess nobody has any experience with these... Sorry I can't be of any help.
"It is demonstrable that power structures tend to attract people who want power for the sake of power and that a significant proportion of such people are imbalanced — in a word, insane.” – Frank Herbert

Re: Winchester® Defender Tactical Safes

Postby hkguy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:10 pm

full disclosure, i dont own one but i used to work for gander mountain and sold a fair number of liberty safes. this looks just like a dressed up liberty to be honest. it has a slightly better fire rating than a comparable liberty (1400 degrees at 60 minutes vs 1200 degrees for a liberty). the locking bars are a 1/4 inch bigger so you get a little more protection from a determined person but not much. the external hinges are nice and offer a bit more fire protection.

based one the website description, it is a tiny step up from your run of the mill liberty/big box retailer safes but comparable to say browning. They are no Fort Knox or AMSEC safes. If they speak to you and you like the features of the interior, i think it would be a serviceable safe for you and suit your needs just fine.
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Return to “Structural Security”