Terrorist active shooter in Paris France

Incidents of shooting in defense of self or others.
ramjet

Terrorist active shooter in Paris France

Postby ramjet » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:07 am

Whelp, there you have it....Paris has a mass shooting (terrorists declared) with 12 dead and multiples injured. Cops respond on bicycle and without firearms, quickly ride away. I guess Gun Control inc. will have something to say about this as well?
Kahr P9
S&W 1911 stainless
Springfield Armory 1911 milspec
S&W 686 4in. stainless

Ohio9

Re: Terrorist active shooter in Paris France

Postby Ohio9 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:03 am

Indeed, three guys with apparently actual machine guns, not the "assault weapons" the media loves to demonize. Guess France wasn't gun-free enough.

Apperently the place targeted was a satire newspaper targeted for publishing anti-Islam cartoons.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/07/europe/fr ... index.html

Charlie Hebdo editor and cartoonist Stephane Charbonnier, known as "Charb," is among the dead in the attack, a police spokesman in the district where the office is located told CNN.

Earlier cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed -- depictions that are deplored by Muslims -- spurred protests and the burning of the magazine's office three years ago.

In November 2011, Charlie Hebdo's office caught fire the day it was due to publish a cover making fun of Islamic law.

A year later, in an interview with Le Monde newspaper, Charbonnier gave little indication that he planned to change Charlie Hebdo's ways.

"It may sound pompous," he said, "but I'd rather die standing than live on my knees."

If only we had more like him, in France or here.

Johnde

Postby Johnde » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:36 pm

How's that gun free country working for you, France? They apparently have an "arms-optional" policy in policing.
NRA Life Member.
4-H youth firearm instructor.

ramjet

Postby ramjet » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:56 am

I was watching periodically all day to see if the report of the officers on bikes was misleading...It wasn't. But why doesn't that suprise me? Last I heard, the GIGN is in door kicking mode and rounding up all the usual suspects. I also noticed taking a step back and recounting all the defensive situations last year and the limited positive news time..But gun down innocent civillians and get all the press time you need...Very telling.
Kahr P9
S&W 1911 stainless
S&W 686 4in. stainless

Montanapatriot

Postby Montanapatriot » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Years ago, when I was an internet noob I read a piece by a well informed writer about European history.
He then stated that Europe has always been slow to punish those that come to their lands and muck things up, but the result is always the same.
They eventually annihilate them.
I see the seeds growing now in Germany, France and Scandinavia.

ridurall

Postby ridurall » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:04 am

France has so many Muslims that I think it's too late for them. They might as well to the usual surrender monkey thing but this time we let them rot in their own filth.

ramjet

Postby ramjet » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:18 am

So now we see beyond the trees as the terrorists have been gunned down and more hostages have been killed as well. The media now is conveying the self imposed limiting of free speech as to "not upsetting" extremists. Journalists and speech givers in multiple countries are being rounded up on the context of inciting violence. I am starting to see this as a black swan event, in the context of usurping peoples rights and imposing control and censorship....Very dangerous times indeed.
Kahr P9
S&W 1911 stainless
S&W 686 4in. stainless

riadat

Postby riadat » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:35 am

I think the 4:1 policy is a good one. If the total body count is 16 then you find and kill 64 terrorists. Seems reasonable.

ridurall

Postby ridurall » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:11 am

I like your way of thinking riadat.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:49 pm

ridurall wrote:They might as well to the usual surrender monkey thing but this time we let them rot in their own filth.

I'm actually somewhat impressed with France's response to this. Charlie Hebdo is back in operation already and is cranking out more Islamic parody cartoons, while many other French media outlets are publishing Hebdo's older works. That's a far more courageous response then what we would see from most media organizations if something like that happened here.

Maybe this is the wakeup call France needed.

There is one thing I'm wondering though. Charlie Hebdo had their office firebombed a few years before this happened so they already knew they were a target. I know France has a prohibition against civilian gun carrying like every European nation, but I wonder, do they have armed private security guard companies? If so, it's kind of odd Hebdo didn't hire any armed guards in response to the bombing and the many threats they have been receiving up until now.

Return to “Defensive Incidents”