Beta-male rationalization

Incidents of shooting in defense of self or others.
Nathan
Site Admin

Beta-male rationalization

Postby Nathan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Johnde

Re: Beta-male rationalization

Postby Johnde » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:47 pm

Its the nutless society the left has been cultivating for a long time.
NRA Life Member.
4-H youth firearm instructor.

Johnde

Postby Johnde » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:50 pm

I guess I was raised to take the law into my own hands. This kind of news disgusts me much more than the made up flag and homo controversy. I might get hit by a car or struck by lightning changing a stranger's tire in a storm, but if I go that way it will at least be honorable.
NRA Life Member.
4-H youth firearm instructor.

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:34 pm

Johnde wrote:Its the nutless society the left has been cultivating for a long time.

+1. A breed of "people" who are absolutely dependent upon and subservient to their masters. The absolute inverse of a real man.

"...and that's "so scary", taking the law into your own hands... There's another way to say "taking the law into your own hands", it's called being a responsible human being..." - Larken Rose
"It is demonstrable that power structures tend to attract people who want power for the sake of power and that a significant proportion of such people are imbalanced — in a word, insane.” – Frank Herbert

"Welcome to Costco. I love you."

BePrepared

Postby BePrepared » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:06 am

"Home of the brave" my ass!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:57 pm

BePrepared wrote:"Home of the brave" my ass!

Land of the fee and home of the slave! :lol:
"It is demonstrable that power structures tend to attract people who want power for the sake of power and that a significant proportion of such people are imbalanced — in a word, insane.” – Frank Herbert

"Welcome to Costco. I love you."

ridurall

Postby ridurall » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:35 pm

We are teaching our children in this "new" world to be nothing more than cowards when the schools do not allow them to even protect themselves. My father taught me how to fight and expected me to defend myself and my friends. There were times that I ended up getting caught up with what we now call gang members but then we called them hoods. When I tangled with them because they were picking on one of my friends I ended up biting off more than I realized. In the process my father noticed I came hom a bit worse for ware. He figured out that I was having trouble with a bunch of guys. He told me that the next time they cornered me to go for the one they looked up to and hurt him as bad as I could as quick as I could. The next day when they tried to corner me I went for their leader and beat him across the hall into an open locker. After messing his face up pretty good I slammed the locker door on his head to the point where the janitor had to pry the crying bully out of the locker. I never got in trouble but instead we thanked by the assistant principle. The leader was expelled from our junior high and I didn't have any more trouble. Today when a child protects him or herself they are suspended and that just plain sucks. Bullies learn not to be bullies by getting their butt kicked. I've taught my kids that I will stand beside them if they get in trouble for fighting as long as they are not picking on anyone.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Hey it's Washington DC, the place where everyone is systematically disarmed in public and expected to love it. What do you expect?

Sadly, this kind of inaction isn't new, nor limited to America. This reminds me of the École Polytechnique massacre in Canada in 1989. 50 people calmly walked out of the room when a gunman ordered them to do so, then they just stood outside while shot the 9 people left in the room one by one, and kept standing by as he casually left the room in search of more victims (he was targeting women specifically).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89col ... e_massacre

I don't think anyone can say with 100% certainty what they would do in those situations. You never really know for sure until you get into them. But I can say with 100% certainly that if I failed to act when I should have, I would feel horrible about it, most likely for the rest of my life.

I actually checked the link of the guy who posted his account of the story and said he did "the right thing" by standing by as a man was stabbed to death. Sadly only a handful of comments called him out on his cowardice. Most were supportive of him. Not a good sign.

ramjet

Postby ramjet » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:36 am

Johnde wrote:Its the nutless society the left has been cultivating for a long time.

Didn't they call those types "Unics" or something. And they served the Pharoahs and Kings as slaves and jesters....
Kahr P9
S&W 1911 stainless
Springfield Armory 1911 milspec
S&W 686 4in. stainless

Return to “Defensive Incidents”