CCW in Israel, caught on camera

Incidents of shooting in defense of self or others.
Ohio9

CCW in Israel, caught on camera

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Crazy incident in Israel caught on camera shows a deranged Palestinian ramming his car into a bus stop, then hacking up random civilians with a machete until an armed citizen shoots him dead.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/ ... JD20151013

Doesn't say if the citizen was a cop, security guard, or just some guy with a CCW permit (which are very hard to get in Israel) but either way, judging by his actions, this guy was clearly well trained and well prepared. I was really impressed with how he had the presense of mind to kick the machete away from the killer while still keeping his gun focused on him.

Also this situation shows the danger of dealing with someone who is truly deranged. The article doesn't say how many shots were fired, but the tape shows the killer repeatedly getting up after being put down. Seems like nothing but 100% death or incapacitation was going to stop him.

Finally, I like how it shows numerous bystanders running to the scene with weapons. If you mess with the Israelis, you better be prepared to take on a crowd.

Hand and Steel

Re: CCW in Israel, caught on camera

Postby Hand and Steel » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Ohio9 wrote:Also this situation shows the danger of dealing with someone who is truly deranged. The article doesn't say how many shots were fired, but the tape shows the killer repeatedly getting up after being put down. Seems like nothing but 100% death or incapacitation was going to stop him.

I could be wrong but it looks like he only fires one shot at a time. Demonstrates why firing in bursts of two or three shots is a good idea.
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:13 am

That's the only way to deal with machete man.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:47 pm

Hand and Steel wrote:
Ohio9 wrote:Also this situation shows the danger of dealing with someone who is truly deranged. The article doesn't say how many shots were fired, but the tape shows the killer repeatedly getting up after being put down. Seems like nothing but 100% death or incapacitation was going to stop him.

I could be wrong but it looks like he only fires one shot at a time. Demonstrates why firing in bursts of two or three shots is a good idea.

I can understand the reluctance to use bursts in a crowded city setting, especially when two of the machete guy's victims were in such close proximity to him.

StrangeBird1911

Postby StrangeBird1911 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:05 pm

There's a time and place for a head shot. This looks one one.

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:05 am

Isreal is relaxing laws and arming the public to defend the nation as we speakhttps://www.nraila.org/articles/20 ... -terrorism
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

Return to “Defensive Incidents”