Try to make sense of this story

Incidents of shooting in defense of self or others.
Ohio9

Try to make sense of this story

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:04 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... point.html

Seems like a textbook case of self defense, but I noticed this line

The woman told police Ganobick was thrusting his knee toward her torso and trying to push her into the passenger seat of the car, according to WLKY.
According to the woman she pulled the trigger, but the gun did not fire. So she kept on pulling the trigger till it did.

'Fearing for her life, the victim kept pulling the trigger of her gun, which finally fired, and struck the suspect in the neck."

Um what? You can tell from the pictures below that her gun isn't a revolver, it's a Beretta 3032 Tomcat. That certainly explains why it didn't fire the first time, but how would pulling the trigger again make it fire eventually? I suppose she could have cleared the jam, but the Tomcat doesn't have an extractor, which means taking the bullet out manually and chambering a new round would have been impossible to do while under assault.

Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Try to make sense of this story

Postby Nathan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:24 pm

Ohio9 wrote:how would pulling the trigger again make it fire eventually?

Hard primer or weak mainspring. Repeated strikes dented it a little more each time until it finally fired.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:36 pm

Yeah I guess that makes sense. Hopefully this will convince her to get a better quality gun.

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:07 pm

.357 mag would have worked.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

Return to “Defensive Incidents”