Good shooting, lousy tactics

Incidents of shooting in defense of self or others.
Ohio9

Good shooting, lousy tactics

Postby Ohio9 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:19 am

Amusing video of an armed security guard shooting two robbers armed with fake guns. His shooting was quite good, but his tactics left a lot to be desired. He got too close to the robbers after the shooting was over, even though at least one of them was still standing and active. He even takes his eyes off the standing robber to pick up a gun. Still it all worked out in the end.

yankeejib

Re: Good shooting, lousy tactics

Postby yankeejib » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:51 am

It's bad form, I know, but I always laugh when I see videos of street level criminals taking bullets.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:36 pm

It's also interesting to see the security guard carrying a six-gun. Even in this day and age, revolvers haven't completely left the holsters of those who carry a gun for a living.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:25 am

Ohio9 wrote:It's also interesting to see the security guard carrying a six-gun. Even in this day and age, revolvers haven't completely left the holsters of those who carry a gun for a living.

It's a private security guard; that's probably a leftover from the 70s that they won't replace because it still works.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:59 am

Nathan wrote:
Ohio9 wrote:It's also interesting to see the security guard carrying a six-gun. Even in this day and age, revolvers haven't completely left the holsters of those who carry a gun for a living.

It's a private security guard; that's probably a leftover from the 70s that they won't replace because it still works.

That's possible, but there is also a chance that the gun is privately owned. When I worked in private security, I carried my own gun at most job sites. The only time I ever carried a company-issued gun was when I was when I worked in a government building.

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:11 pm

No FTF's or FTE's.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:45 am

yankeejib wrote:No FTF's or FTE's.

Yep, if it wasn't for those damn heavy double action triggers, I'd be happy to carry a revolver myself. Really after 120 years, you'd think someone would be able to make a DA revolver with a trigger that isn't horrible.

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:53 am

Ohio9 wrote:
yankeejib wrote:No FTF's or FTE's.

Yep, if it wasn't for those damn heavy double action triggers, I'd be happy to carry a revolver myself. Really after 120 years, you'd think someone would be able to make a DA revolver with a trigger that isn't horrible.

Cocking the hammer on draw becomes second nature. My S&W 686 .357 is a sweet beautiful SA trigger. My S&W 442 .38 has positively the worst trigger ever. I guess that's the safety.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Return to “Defensive Incidents”