Jihadist siege in Australia comes to a bloody end

Proper response to hypothetical scenarios.
Ohio9

Jihadist siege in Australia comes to a bloody end

Postby Ohio9 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Just one CCW holder could have ended this with no loss of innocent life.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/16/world ... -news&_r=0

samuelrp

Re: Jihadist siege in Australia comes to a bloody end

Postby samuelrp » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:37 pm

The world gets more dangerous every day!
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Your claim is contradictory. First you claim the SWAT team shot the hostages, but then you admit you don't know if they did or it was the gunman.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:33 am

It is now being reported that one of the hostages died while trying to disarm the gunman

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sydney-siege-l ... an-1479695

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:28 pm

Dude, are you even willing to consider the slightest possibility that perhaps all the hostages were shot by the lunatic with a gun and not the police? It's not hard to imagine the hostage-taker shooting more hostages in a fit of rage after one tried to disarm him.

CharlieW

Postby CharlieW » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:12 pm

I really don't understand why they didn't take him out with a rifle when they could see him through the picture window, walking around with a shotgun. And if he did fall asleep, why use a stun grenade to wake him up?
Pragmatism -- the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

RagTop454

Postby RagTop454 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Everything about this makes no sense. Sad situation. I just hope that everyone takes a good objective look at it and learns something. I believe that there's a lot to be learned, and a lot of those involved need to learn a lot.

Glenn

deadguy

Postby deadguy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:03 am

Yesterday it was reported that one of the hostages died of a heart attack on the way to the hospital, bringing the total of dead hostages to 2. Not sure if he/she was shot and was being transported for that reason.

Tye

Postby Tye » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:59 am

There ya go, focusing on the DEAD yet again.
Best regards,

Tye

Tango 1

Postby Tango 1 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:22 am

RagTop454 wrote:Everything about this makes no sense. Sad situation. I just hope that everyone takes a good objective look at it and learns something. I believe that there's a lot to be learned, and a lot of those involved need to learn a lot.

Glenn

#1 lesson to be learned is "Do not allow the government to take your right to own firearms away"
#2 Do not count on the government to save your life in the time of need.
#3 Do not lay down and die without a fight.
#4 When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. When life gives you zombies, you work out your anger issues.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Tango 1 wrote:#1 lesson to be learned is "Do not allow the government to take your right to own firearms away"
#

Indeed, I would say a single CCW holder or off duty cop among the hostages would be better in that situation then all the cops outside. There is no way one man could have kept close watch on all the hostages for 16 hours. At some point his attention would be turned elsewhere, and then he'd be easy to take out.

This is a situation that every CCW holder should take into consideration. This kind of attack could easily happen over here.

Really though, I would always be making a plan to escape or fight back if I was in a hostage situation involving a Jihadist attacker, even if I was unarmed. When do Jihad hostage situations ever end without hostages being injured or killed? I can't think of any.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Gunsmith wrote:
Ohio9 wrote:Dude, are you even willing to consider the slightest possibility that perhaps all the hostages were shot by the lunatic with a gun and not the police? It's not hard to imagine the hostage-taker shooting more hostages in a fit of rage after one tried to disarm him.

The video says it all .... 'hopped-up' cops sprayed the place with AR-15s. There hasn't been one story about who shot who inside the café.

Nor has their been one story about police shooting any of the hostages, so how about we wait till the facts are in? It shouldn't take long to determine if the hostages were shot with shotgun or AR rounds

Return to “Defensive Scenarios”