Would you intervene in this situation?

Proper response to hypothetical scenarios.
Ohio9

Would you intervene in this situation?

Postby Ohio9 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:30 am

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/man-armed ... n-v/nk3B5/

One thing that sticks out here is that not only did the other bystanders not intervene, but when they called the police, they identified the CCW holder as the bad guy. Something to consider.

As for what the CCW holder did, I don't think he did anything wrong from a legal or moral standpoint. Still I think I would have handled this differently. Since none of the attackers appeared to have a weapon, I might have tried some verbal commands before drawing (from behind cover a safe distance away). If verbal commands didn't work and drawing was needed, I would have kept the gun down at "low ready" rather then pointing it at them (until escalation required it)

Hand and Steel

Re: Would you intervene in this situation?

Postby Hand and Steel » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:38 pm

If I saw seven men accosting an old man? No doubt. Probably not in the same manner as the gentleman did in this instance, however.
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

Dubhan

Postby Dubhan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:45 am

Intervene, yes. Draw immediately? No. Only when life is in imminent danger.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:53 pm

I don't have a problem with his actions. I don't know if I would have drawn immediately or not because I don't know how heated everyone was. I'm not going to condemn him for drawing because we don't see the level of aggression that he witnessed.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Return to “Defensive Scenarios”