Tips on spotting a suicide bomber

Proper response to hypothetical scenarios.
MisterB

Tips on spotting a suicide bomber

Postby MisterB » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:13 am

The events this morning in Brussels, reminded me that we all need to be more aware when it comes to spotting a suicide bomber. This could happen anywhere, and it is only a matter of time before we see a coordinated attack on US soil.

Here is a decent article with some ideas: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... omber.html

The main highlights (these are the more likely cues to look for, which when added together can amount to a potential threat):

Male

Often times from a certain ethnicity, but not always.

Radical muslims shave all the hair off their bodies as some sort of ritual just before a suicide attack

Between ages of 20-35

Acting nervous. May be sweating profusely, licking their lips, darting their eyes around, fussing with a bag or their mid section.

Look for someone with legs that don't match the rest of their body. If they have skinny ass legs, arms, and neck but a large torso, they might be hiding a vest.

Stay safe, my friends. We need to be on the lookout for these idiots.

Ohio9

Re: Tips on spotting a suicide bomber

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:12 pm

I'm really wondering if the arrest of the last suspect involved in the November Paris attacks in Belgium last week was the reason for what happened today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -flat.html

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Religion is responsible for what happened today.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:42 pm

Another thing I noticed is that one of the two attack sites was at an airport. With all the attention on securing the aircraft, it's easy to forget that those huge lines of people waiting in line at the checkpoints make great targets. Terrorists don't have any blood-feud against planes. If they can kill the same amount of people who are waiting in line, that would achieve the same results they are looking for.

MisterB

Postby MisterB » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:03 pm

Ohio9 wrote:Another thing I noticed is that one of the two attack sites was at an airport. With all the attention on securing the aircraft, it's easy to forget that those huge lines of people waiting in line at the checkpoints make great targets. Terrorists don't have any blood-feud against planes. If they can kill the same amount of people who are waiting in line, that would achieve the same results they are looking for.

Exactly. Apparently one of them had a bomb in a suitcase, so it was easier to do even more damage due to not being restricted to using a belt.

MisterB

Postby MisterB » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Ohio9 wrote:I'm really wondering if the arrest of the last suspect involved in the November Paris attacks in Belgium last week was the reason for what happened today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -flat.html

Possibly. Either out of revenge, or because they figured they better get to offing themselves in an attack (and move on to their incorrect twisted dream of virgins in the sky waiting their arrival), before they get dragged out of an apartment and interrogated.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Apparently one of the attackers is still at large

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe/br ... index.html

Return to “Defensive Scenarios”