Cold chicken brawl

Proper response to hypothetical scenarios.
User avatar
Nathan
Site Admin
Posts: 2114
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:51 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Contact:

Cold chicken brawl

Postby Nathan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:23 am

http://myfox8.com/2017/06/25/mother-dau ... d-chicken/

The surprising aspect of this story is that so many (based on comments to similar article on the Billings Gazette Facebook page) believe this is an isolated or rare type of incident. Native Montanans who haven't spent much time in this part of the country are geographically and culturally insulated from animals like this. This is violent thug culture that is rampant throughout much if not most of the south. I've lived or spent considerable time (working various jobsites) everywhere from Mississippi (native) to North Carolina and am not surprised at all by any of this. The only part of this that surprises me is that the shop owner would confront them at all unarmed. I bet she won't repeat that mistake.
The customer was being inappropriate but was doing no harm overall until the store owner escalated the situation through unnecessary confrontation. This lady put herself and her daughter at risk of violent attack because why, they were slapping the windows and saying mean things? I understand wanting to stand up for yourself and "represent", but is it really worth it over essentially nothing?
I'm not victim-blaming; the overall fault is with the attackers. I'm only saying that this "represent" mentality enabled the attackers physical access to the victims that they didn't have before. She should have stayed inside and waited for police and if the attackers brought the fight inside, at that point an armed defense would have been appropriate. To confront them unarmed in the presence of her daughter was foolish and risky and we see how it turned out for her.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.
Image

User avatar
Ohio9
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:03 am

Nathan wrote:The customer was being inappropriate but was doing no harm overall until the store owner escalated the situation through unnecessary confrontation. This lady put herself and her daughter at risk of violent attack because why, they were slapping the windows and saying mean things? I understand wanting to stand up for yourself and "represent", but if it REALLY worth it over essentially nothing?
I'm not victim-blaming; the overall fault is with the attackers. I'm only saying that this "represent" mentality enabled the attackers physical access to the victims that they didn't have before. She should have stayed inside and waited for police and if the attackers brought the fight inside, at that point an armed defense would have been appropriate. To confront them unarmed in the presence of her daughter was foolish and risky and we see how it turned out for her.


The owner probably just figured it was a mere disgruntled customer who could be handled with words. Who knows how many times they have dealt with similar situations that didn't turn violent? I agree going in unarmed is a bad idea, but that's because I don't go anywhere unarmed as a general principle. In this, I can understand the violence breaking out as somewhat of a surprise.

User avatar
yankeejib
Posts: 360
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:43 pm
Location: Tampa, FL / Swain County, NC

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby yankeejib » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am

Unfortunately Nate, you are correct. For some reason, blacks now feel empowered and entirely within their rights to exercise their frustrations and anger with violence towards others. It's happened hundreds of times already, it's just not captured on video every time. 1) Thanks Obama, you shit. You started this. Jackass. 2) I just avoid places where blacks tend to be. Sad because I have black friends that I would like to hang out with, but there's too many agitated chimps in the zoo (sorry, I'm not being racist, that's what they are: savage, uncivilized, dangerous, unpredictable, wild animals) for me to involve myself socially anywhere near them. Just look at incidents at weddings, funerals, fast food restaurants, malls, etc. In my job I'm called sometimes to intervene in or de-escalate student situations with disgruntled and mostly inappropriate black parents. They have no ability to listen, reason, settle down, or discuss anything once they flip. Luckily, once I'm involved the police are already on the way. I'm there to assist/protect the teacher 3) Always be armed. Know the laws where you live regarding preponderance of force, jeopardy, imminent threat, and stand your ground. Know what to say and what not to say if you're involved in a shooting. Reverse Mirandize yourself: I was in fear for my life. I said "stop". I had no choice. I was worried about being disarmed 4) Watch your six at all times.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

User avatar
Nathan
Site Admin
Posts: 2114
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:51 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Contact:

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby Nathan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:54 am

Ohio9 wrote:I can understand the violence breaking out as somewhat of a surprise.

I'm sorry my friend, but there is no way in Hell that I can take this statement seriously. Knowing what you know about the world around you, and seeing the already hostile and out of control behavior from this violent thug animal (the whacked out shit that prompted her to go outside in the first place), you can seriously make that statement?
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.
Image

User avatar
Ohio9
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:50 pm

Nathan wrote:
Ohio9 wrote:I can understand the violence breaking out as somewhat of a surprise.

I'm sorry my friend, but there is no way in Hell that I can take this statement seriously. Knowing what you know about the world around you, and seeing the already hostile and out of control behavior from this violent thug animal (the whacked out shit that prompted her to go outside in the first place), you can seriously make that statement?


This was a case of a disgruntled customer who turned violent. How many hundreds upon hundreds of disgruntled customers do you think this shop owner dealt with that didn't try to beat her up? Heck, you've probably dealt with disgruntled customers before. Any turn violent on you?

Now, that isn't to say she shouldn't have been prepared for violence. Obviously she should have. Clearly there was some red flags that should have raised her alertness status a lot higher. Just that I can understand not assuming violence was inevitable.

User avatar
BePrepared
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 am

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby BePrepared » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:04 am

Very well state, Yankee.

Furthermore, everything you need to know about black violence in this country has been THOROUGHLY documented by Colin Flaherty in his two books, and on his YouTube channels.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO5lqT ... 7YkB3O8QPw
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
Nathan
Site Admin
Posts: 2114
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:51 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Contact:

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby Nathan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:06 am

Ohio9 wrote:This was a case of a disgruntled customer who turned violent.

I disagree; this thug was unhinged, slapping the windows and screaming. The police had already been called. I think once you pass the point where the police have been called, it's best to deescalate the situation by keeping a wall between you and your attacker. I don't see how she could have possibly been surprised by the physical violence.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.
Image

User avatar
Ohio9
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby Ohio9 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:07 am

BePrepared wrote:Very well state, Yankee.
Furthermore, everything you need to know about black violence in this country has been THOROUGHLY documented by Colin Flaherty in his two books, and on his YouTube channels.


Seriously guys? You're going to make this about race? Do you have any idea how much crazy dumb shit I've seen white people do over the years? Stupid and violent conduct knows no skin color.

Nathan wrote:I think once you pass the point where the police have been called, it's best to deescalate the situation by keeping a wall between you and your attacker.


On that point I agree.

User avatar
BePrepared
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 am

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby BePrepared » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:34 pm

Ohio9 wrote:
BePrepared wrote:Very well state, Yankee.
Furthermore, everything you need to know about black violence in this country has been THOROUGHLY documented by Colin Flaherty in his two books, and on his YouTube channels.


Seriously guys? You're going to make this about race? Do you have any idea how much crazy dumb shit I've seen white people do over the years? Stupid and violent conduct knows no skin color.

.



It's absolutely about race. You're in law enforcement, and don't know the HUGE disparity in crime rates among different racial groups?

Yes. "White people do it too." Yes, whites commit more crime. BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE WHITE PEOPLE!

Show me where whites or Asians are having a brawl in a Waffle House, Ihop, or Denny's at 2am.

Show me where there's a "gentrified" neighborhood where folks say, "Boy, this was a nice safe place to live before all of those damn white people moved in."

Black violence has infected restaurants, malls, amusement parks, neighborhoods, fairs, beaches, schools, and everywhere else they reside.

I could go on and on and on with this. But Colin Flaherty does it already. Two books. Several videos every day. Oh yeah, and a ton of letters from law enforcement officers telling him everything he says is exactly right.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
Ohio9
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby Ohio9 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm

BePrepared wrote:It's absolutely about race. You're in law enforcement, and don't know the HUGE disparity in crime rates among different racial groups?


I know there are disparities, but the fact remains whites commit enough crime for this to be an issue clearly beyond race. Like I said, in my years of law enforcement, I've seen whites do all sort of dumb shit as well.

Also it's funny you don't seem to point out racial disparities in other types of crime. Mass shootings are committed more often by whites then blacks. Do you draw any conclusions about race from this information?

BePrepared wrote:Show me where whites or Asians are having a brawl in a Waffle House, Ihop, or Denny's at 2am.


Ask and you shall receive. I love how you seem so confident I can't come up with an example of this, because I actually had the perfect response video ready to go the moment I received your challenge. This even happens at almost exactly 2am, the specific time you stated. What are the odds?


User avatar
samuelrp
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:01 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby samuelrp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Things escalate quickly. A friend of mine, retired pilot, trained in the navy, was called by a neighbor at 1 am two weeks ago. Thugs breaking into the house next door. He grabbed his .45 and followed the thugs two doors up, where he held them at gunpoint until the deputy arrived. Although things worked out, he made a decision to leave the safety of his home and confront unknown trouble at another house. Could have turned out differently.

Same upscale neighborhood last week, another neighbor shot a home invasion suspect leaving a buddy's house. No charges yet. AR 15 vs handgun. People everywhere are crazy
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

User avatar
BePrepared
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 am

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby BePrepared » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:58 pm

Ohio9 wrote:
BePrepared wrote:It's absolutely about race. You're in law enforcement, and don't know the HUGE disparity in crime rates among different racial groups?


I know there are disparities, but the fact remains whites commit enough crime for this to be an issue clearly beyond race. Like I said, in my years of law enforcement, I've seen whites do all sort of dumb shit as well.

Also it's funny you don't seem to point out racial disparities in other types of crime. Mass shootings are committed more often by whites then blacks. Do you draw any conclusions about race from this information?

BePrepared wrote:Show me where whites or Asians are having a brawl in a Waffle House, Ihop, or Denny's at 2am.


Ask and you shall receive. I love how you seem so confident I can't come up with an example of this, because I actually had the perfect response video ready to go the moment I received your challenge. This even happens at almost exactly 2am, the specific time you stated. What are the odds?









Nope. That wasn't a mob brawl involving a dozen or more white people. I'll keep waiting for you to find one.


And yeah, mass shootings too are a black thing:



"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
BePrepared
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 am

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby BePrepared » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:32 pm

FYI, here's Colin Flaherty's old YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEbta5 ... w/featured


He's got playlists for black on asian, black on old, black on cops, black on handicap, black violence in schools....the lists go on and on.

I just can't imagine the state of denial and delusion one must be in not to see the enormous amounts of black violence that is out of control and out of proportion. But I know it exists, because it gets a lot of naive people hurt and killed.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
Ohio9
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby Ohio9 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:53 pm

BePrepared wrote:Nope. That wasn't a mob brawl involving a dozen or more white people. I'll keep waiting for you to find one.


That's not what you said before. You just said a brawl, you didn't mention a mob or an exact number of people. Way to move the goal posts.

But how about a shootout involving dozens of whites? That close enough for your new conditions?



As for mass shootings, 64% are committed by whites.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/27/us/mass-s ... index.html

User avatar
BePrepared
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 am

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby BePrepared » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:46 am

First of all, there is no standard definition of "mass shooting." More than 2? More than 3? Does someone have to die?

But if we just take CNN's numbers at face value, the numbers are almost exactly in proportion to the population.

The point I am trying to make repeatedly, and one that you are obvioulsy not able to grasp, is that is EVERY SINGLE VIOLENT CRIME CATAGORY, including rape, murder, robbery,.... black crime is WAY out of proportion. I don't have them time to post all of the charts and numbers. They are available to anyone who wants to look them up.

Any once more, yes, whites and Asians commit crimes too. But not in rates that backs do. It's not even close. To quote Stefan Molyneux, "Finding exceptions to a general trend is NOT AN ARGUMENT."

Speaking of Stefan, he did an excellent video with a lot of data showing that we really don't have a "gun problem" is this country. We have a black violence problem.




And here is another excellent video with a TON of crime statistics, backing up every single thing I've said.


"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
BePrepared
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 am

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby BePrepared » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:02 am

Here's one more source to support what I've said:

https://www.amren.com/the-color-of-crime/


I've provided facts, evidence, and TRUTH to support the undeniable reality that black crime in this country, (and around the world, really) is out of control, and it's way out of proportion. Meaning that it occurs at rates FAR higher than any other racial or ethic group.

I can't provide any more documentation than I already have. It's all there for anyone who wants to see the truth.

Or you can live in a state of denial and delusion, and tell yourself that whites and Asians are just as violent. I don't really give a fuck what you choose.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
Ohio9
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby Ohio9 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:08 am

BePrepared wrote:Any once more, yes, whites and Asians commit crimes too. But not in rates that backs do. It's not even close.


I didn't say they all committed crimes at equal rates. I said stupid and violent conduct knows no skin color.

BePrepared wrote:To quote Stefan Molyneux, "Finding exceptions to a general trend is NOT AN ARGUMENT."


We're not talking about small exceptions though, we're talking about siginificant numbers even if the rate is lower. White people committing crime is not unusual. And in the case of mass shootings, it's a clear majority.

User avatar
BePrepared
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 am

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby BePrepared » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:16 pm

Ohio9 wrote:
BePrepared wrote:Any once more, yes, whites and Asians commit crimes too. But not in rates that backs do. It's not even close.


I didn't say they all committed crimes at equal rates. I said stupid and violent conduct knows no skin color.

BePrepared wrote:To quote Stefan Molyneux, "Finding exceptions to a general trend is NOT AN ARGUMENT."


We're not talking about small exceptions though, we're talking about siginificant numbers even if the rate is lower. White people committing crime is not unusual. And in the case of mass shootings, it's a clear majority.




So, basically you don't disagree with anything I've said. You just wanted to be Captain Obvious, and point out that white folks commit violent crime too, sometimes at rates equal to, but usually much less than blacks?

Ok, thanks for that contribution.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
Ohio9
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby Ohio9 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:38 pm

My original point stands: This isn't about race. It's about 2 morons who committed a crime. The fact that they were black is immaterial. Their skin color didn't make them do it.

User avatar
BePrepared
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 am

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby BePrepared » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Ohio9 wrote:My original point stands: This isn't about race. It's about 2 morons who committed a crime. The fact that they were black is immaterial. Their skin color didn't make them do it.


No one ever said "skin color made them do it." So that's just straw man nonsense.

But the people who use the term "skin color" (as if this was a dermatological discussion) usually think of race (and sex/"gender") as social constructs, instead of the biological realities that they are.

Here's a fact, using 2013 crime numbers:

In cases of black/white interracial violence (as this obviously was), a white person is 27 times more likely to be the victim of a black perpetrator than vice versa.

TWENTY SEVEN TIMES

From Stefan's video that I linked to above, using 2014 crime data, the black violent crime rate was 1057, and the white was 219. The black rate was almost five times higher.

There are theories about the why's of these disparities discussed in the above videos. (Intelligence, parenting, culture, presence of the "warrior gene", etc.) Those theories make sense to me. But they are just theories, not proven science.

But to say that crime rates "aren't about race", when the data clearly shows that they are, is just disingenuous, or being in denial.

And finally, as Colin Flaherty has shown, the actual crime rates are really far higher than is reported. It's all in the books.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
Ohio9
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby Ohio9 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:25 pm

BePrepared wrote:But the people who use the term "skin color" (as if this was a dermatological discussion) usually think of race (and sex/"gender") as social constructs, instead of the biological realities that they are.


Now who's using strawmen? I didn't say race was a social construct. Obviously race is biological. The point is that it doesn't make anyone carry out criminal behavior. Crime is a learned behavior. It's a choice people make. It's not race that is responsible for it.

Also for the record, whites make up 69% of arrests in America.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... s/table-43

Now to be fair, that's for all crimes, not just violent ones. But it does go to show the amount of crime committed by whites isn't insignificant. In fact in terms of total crime, it's a pretty significant majority, if arrest records are any indication. But sure, keep telling yourself it's only one race we need to focus on.

User avatar
BePrepared
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 am

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby BePrepared » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Off topic, but I'm just curious. Would you also say that Muslims pose no greater threat to the world and western civilization in particular than any other religion or political ideology?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
Ohio9
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby Ohio9 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:06 pm

BePrepared wrote:Off topic, but I'm just curious. Would you also say that Muslims pose no greater threat to the world and western civilization in particular than any other religion or political ideology?


I figured you would bring that up sooner or later.

Islam is a exceptionally dangerous religion, but that isn't comparable to race. Islam is a set of beliefs. Beliefs can determine how you live your life and what actions you choose to take. Skin color isn't like that. There is nothing about being black (or any other race) that mandates subjugating other races or death as punishment for leaving the community, but Islam commands its followers to subjugate non-believers and kill people for leaving the faith.

Race is not the same thing as an ideology. That's why I get so sick of people accusing Islam's critics of racism whenever the most regressive and barbaric practices of that faith are scrutinized.

User avatar
BePrepared
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 am

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby BePrepared » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Well, I just use pattern recognition to identify threats.

There are identifiable groups of people who I have identified through decades of observation, that have high rates of aggressive violence towards other people. In other words, they violate the non aggression principle. Those groups include blacks, Muslims, and law enforcement officers.

They each initiate force and violence for different reasons, but those reasons are irrelevant if you're a victim. It's best just to avoid the threats all together.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
BePrepared
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 am

Re: Cold chicken brawl

Postby BePrepared » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:52 pm

And continually reducing race to just "skin color" is like defending pit bulls by saying, "but their coat color doesn't make them the most dangerous dog breed!"
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper


Return to “Defensive Scenarios”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest