Many lessons from this incident

Proper response to hypothetical scenarios.
Ohio9

Many lessons from this incident

Postby Ohio9 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Interesting story about a Oklahoma resident who managed to take out three home invaders:

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/Arme ... ml?ref=321

First big lesson is always home carry! This guy is very lucky that the home invaders just happened to order him to the ground near a spot where his gun was stored.

Another one is never use reloads as your "duty ammo". This guy had some misfires due to using reloads in his gun.

But the biggest one is the ability to overcome badly stacked odds. Despite being outnumbered 1 to 3, facing drawn weapons, and using a gun that misfired a few times, he still managed to shoot 2 of the 3 invaders and escape any harm to himself. I really wish they had showed what type of gun he was using. I bet it was a revolver, because I can't imagine how hard it would be to clear stoppages in a shootout when you are outnumbered that badly.

Hand and Steel

Re: Many lessons from this incident

Postby Hand and Steel » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:00 pm

Ohio9 wrote:First big lesson is always home carry! This guy is very lucky that the home invaders just happened to order him to the ground near a spot where his gun was stored.

Could not agree more, even if friends or family call it "paranoid". ALWAYS HAVE A GUN ON YOUR BODY OR WITHIN ARMS REACH AT ALL TIMES!
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

riadat

Re: Many lessons from this incident

Postby riadat » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:51 pm

First thing i do when i go to the range is fire my carry ammo. Then I shoot reloads or target ammo and reload my carry ammo.

Cycles the ammo and makes sure the stuff I carry is going to work if needed. Never ever store or carry a gun with reloads.

All my goto or carry guns are revolvers.

Also, I have a small dog that barks reliably. And when i take a shower I take a gun to the bathroom with me. That is the limits of my paranoia.

samuelrp

Re: Many lessons from by. this incident

Postby samuelrp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Those mugshots look like a bunch of losers from the wrong side of the tracks!
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

Return to “Defensive Scenarios”