Real world scenario.

Proper response to hypothetical scenarios.
riadat

Real world scenario.

Postby riadat » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:05 am

Out walking my dog near my house and there are these two young kids barely restraining a leashed large aggressive pit bull that is trying to attack me and my dog and I say to these kids if your dog attacks I'm going to kill it. Little history, my dog has been attacked three times by other dogs in this area.

Just a few minutes later I'm still walking my dog and the two kids come back with their dog and some man. He is yelling at the top of his lungs from way out, angry, etc, etc. I tell him not to walk up on me. I say take your two kids and your dog and get out of here. He then tells me that he will see me again and fix me.

Should I have said if the dog attacks I will kill it? I was being truthful. After that, shit just went downhill.

We just passed Constitutional Carry here in Kansas, no permit or training required to carry a concealed firearm here in Kansas. How serious is this scenario and how should I handle myself now. I live a block away from there and walk my dog twice a day on that same path.

LWP

Re: Real world scenario.

Postby LWP » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:33 am

In your incident you were the aggressor because the dog was restrained and you made a deadly threat. End of incident.
Next incident, when the man approached you, you and he exchanged angry words and he ended with a threat, but left. End of incident. You should report his threat to "fix you" to document the incident and provide history for any further confrontation.

In the future, do not make threats, especially if you are armed. Whenever you are faced with an angry dog or man, walk away without angry words. If the anger escalates to actual threat of bodily harm, defend yourself with the least amount of force required to end the threat.

You must never act as the aggressosr because if you must draw and shoot you cannot claim self defense.

riadat

Postby riadat » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:03 pm

Actually the dog was being aggressive. It had a very intent attack posture, was quite large, and I felt threatened.

But yeah, I see your point. I guess it is like when Ron White joked and said, "I had the right to remain silent I just didn't have the ability to do so."

I didn't threaten any people however, or even the dog, except to say if it attacks me I will kill it.

Actually 100% true.

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:49 pm

Riadat, I would NOT call you the aggressor in this instance. I've been seriously attacked by dogs several times and can assure anyone who takes dog attacks lightly that it is nothing to laugh at.

I would suggest walking your dog along a different route to avoid having to confront your new friend again. He's probably not going to cause trouble, most people don't have the guts to make good on their threats, but best not put yourself in a situation where you may have to defend yourself.

Hope things work out peacefully and without incident.

Best
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

riadat

Postby riadat » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:28 pm

Thanks. Yeah I left the guy with the kids chased me down. Anyways, I thought about it some more and I have a kid so I understand his reaction a bit.

Regardless, I didn't walk my dog but went down to the river and walked tonight. Was a very nice night and cool due to some rain.

I saw a lot of people gun shopping today with the new law saying anyone can CC without permit.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:07 am

wrong post

Return to “Defensive Scenarios”